Music as a Language: Victor Wooten

I apologise if this has been posted before but I have just watched this TED talk by Victor Wooten and it is quite fantastic.
I love his outlook on life and music
Enjoy if you have not seen it before and if you have seen it, watch it again.

9 Likes

Great share! Yeah, his ideas on just keeping it playful, and free, are terrific. And yeah, we don’t really learn music like we learn our first language - I wonder if there are music schools that teach some kind of full immersion method, like they do with languages?

His example at the end there, about a C and a C# note was cool. Playing them next to each other in that order, maybe doesn’t sound so good, but playing the C# first, then the C an octave higher, it’s a major 7th interval. That kind of stuff still trips me out, about learning music.

9 Likes

I want to live in Victor Wooten World.

9 Likes

Victor is a wonderful speaker, with a beautiful message. I was moved. Thank you Josh.

10 Likes

@Thunder_Cloud Welcome to the forum

5 Likes

@Thunder_Cloud Welcome to the BassBuzz forum. When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

3 Likes

It’s funny you mention this because I’m currently reading The Music Lesson by Victor Wooten. I saw him play in Boston a couple years ago and was blown away. He’s an extremely down to earth guy - after his set his jumped off stage and talked to fans which was really cool.

Anyway after talking to him I picked up his book that night and finally just got around to reading it. I highly recommend!

6 Likes

Just saw this, what a great way to look at the world and life.

5 Likes