Music Notation Software

Thanks for the offer! I am in with the free trial now and searching myself.

Second score I found was also slightly incorrect :slight_smile:

Searching randomly has been fun though. This score is cute:

https://musescore.com/user/28080800/scores/5002629

He took something similar to the first and last measures of the Joy Division song Disorder and made his own neat little song.

1 Like

Yes, you can find all kind of zany stuff in there as wellā€¦ stuff that could basically never be played by humans, but also crappy unfinished and really bad scores. You have to look for the good stuff - unfortunately, no curation of any kind.

1 Like

Yeah. Pretty sure Iā€™m going to just cancel already. Seen enough.

Their app is great though!

1 Like

Probably the same hereā€¦ but, I have already paid until Oct 21ā€¦ so, if you need something, I can try and find it.

Yep! Bit of a learning curve, but worth it (for me, personally).

By the way, most teachers would have you transcribe from scratch anyway, rather than search for existing scores :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed 100%

The time spent transcribing is also excellent ear training!

1 Like

One of my current classes is Ear Training and while we use musescore to do our transcriptions, itā€™s a blank slate, donā€™t use the other paid part.

Agree with Joe and Pam, itā€™s time well spent learning to do your own transcriptions no matter how maddening it can make youā€¦and learn your solfege first, it will make transcribing easier. Joshā€™s beat ruler is good for the rhythms too,

2 Likes

Rhythms arenā€™t the problem for me - mostly I need scores for discerning keyboard chords. Not up there with ear training yet to be able to do that.

2 Likes

Late to the party as well here, but I found flat.io the best place for seeing tab and sheet music together when you are constructing some music. I also like the fact that it is in the cloud, a modern interface, and not overwhelming.

1 Like