Music production courses for beginners (?)

No doubt about it. … I meant more like that even if you run into track limitations it can be solved. … And if it will be a hassle, an upgrade to the regular version is a couple of clicks away. I wouldn’t dish out any money for a DAW until I know exactly what I want.

4 Likes

For sure!

2 Likes

There’s “Produce Like a Pro”, I haven’t tried it but his free stuff is really good.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, guys. This topic is quite informative.

2 Likes

I’ve been impressed by his free content also. I like that he very clearly and concisely tells how to do things I want to be able to do. By contrast, it’s possible to take an entire course on concepts and then not be able to bridge the concepts to application. In audio especially that bridge often gets left completely uncrossed.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s a big problem in a lot of areas in music. People learn scales, chords, modes, arpeggios… and then have no idea how to apply them practically.

3 Likes

I am just going to leave a potentially interesting link here - SoundGym.
Not sure how much you can do it for free there, but looks interesting.
It also includes some elements of gamification (which is a good thing IMHO).

The other one that may be interesting for someone is Syntorial.
I am not into synths but leaving the link here as it may help/inspire someone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That learning path on SoundGym (completely free btw) is very informative.
It consists of several courses available on YouTube as well. It is just a convenient way of going through them.
Go find out for yourselves. One of the courses available as part of the learning path is “Audio Fundamentals”, also available on YouTube here (open the link in YouTube as this is actually a playlist):

3 Likes

Adding another resource here for future reference.
Didn’t try it, as I am not sure it is geared towards beginners.
But the list of mentors looks impressive:

2 Likes

Here is another resource with loads of content (looks like all/most of it is free)
https://audiouniversityonline.com/

1 Like