My 30 day B2B Challenge for November 2019

Hi Guys ‘n’ Gals
As some of you know I have challenged myself to complete the B2B course in 30 days.
I am completely new to the bass and yesterday was my first day.
So far so good. I am really enjoying it and I am on track. The biggest problem I have at the moment if trying to film myself and record the bass and what Josh is saying etc but I will work it out
I have just completed module 1 and I am going straight into module 2 to try and get ahead a little bit as there are going to be times in the coming month where I am limited for time. I run my own business plus I care for an elderly relative with Alzheimer’s so I am going to have to be really disciplined if I am to complete my challenge.
To help with motivation, I have committed to a gig at the end of the month.
What’s the worst that can happen?
As soon as I have some video footage up on youtube I will link to it in this thread.
I will also try to check in each day to let you all know how I am getting on
Wish me luck!
Paul

13 Likes

Best of luck, @studio - we are all cheering for you!!

4 Likes

/subscribe

4 Likes

Get ahead while the goings good. I got halfway through before finding it trickier to keep on schedule, but I had set myself the challenge of playing the fast practice piece before moving on.

Remember that rushing through for the sake of the 30 day challenge may let nasty little habits creep in, so also pay attention your technique.

If you manage this I may have to restart before finishing and try again for 30 days.

5 Likes

Best wishes, and yeah, looking back at it, if you want to do this in 30 days, I would get ahead a bit in the beginning modules. I was a complete beginner, but the first few modules were a bit easier going, and went by fast. Then, the course becomes more difficult, and, then, 3 or more lessons a day feels very ambitious, especially in the second half of the course.

Cool, yeah, post some YT links!

4 Likes

Sounds great, @studio! . . . :slight_smile:

Good luck, please do keep us posted, and we’ll be cheering you on!

All best, Joe

3 Likes

Just jammed along with Deep Purple until the bit where they got all unnecessary.
I am enjoying this
Paul

4 Likes

U2 Baby!

4 Likes

My wife’s first drum lesson and Me after one week of B2B lessons

Be kind
10 Likes

Very good, Paul :slight_smile:

You make a great couple! . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

That’s great!

3 Likes

Beautiful! Love it!

3 Likes

Things can only get better

2 Likes

Wow, one week and you’re nailing Billie Jean! Your wife is doing a great job, too!

3 Likes

Your progress is sensational for just one week. Bloody brilliant. Post some more vids up as you progress :+1:

3 Likes

Dude! That was awesome! Now I have to go out and get married again so I can have a live in drummer!

4 Likes

That’s it! I’m quitting the bass and taking up the drums! Billie Jean holds no fear on the pans.

Great stuff from both of you. Not bad to manage BJ that well so early.

4 Likes

Wow Paul you’re killing it for one week in! And your wife sounds great too, you guys are keeping time really well considering your newbie status!

3 Likes

@JoshFossgreen thanks Josh, I have a good teacher :wink:

2 Likes

Just a little video from the end of module 5

4 Likes