My bass sounds different from day to day?

Good to know. I’d like to get something better than my Rumble 15 at some point.

1 Like

We hear different from day to day too. That could explain most of it.

2 Likes

This is the kind of things I don’t understand due to lack of experience. :grin: I did some trading to get the Rumble 100 after some internet wisdom said I needed at least a 12" speaker to make any bass sounds. Luckily I don’t have any money tied up in the thing. There’s a local guy with a TRBX174 I might do so trading with.

1 Like

Actually it’s the preference to many. Some like the big deep 15”, some like the 2x12”, many like the 4x10”. I like to stack my 10” array. It’s pleasing to my ears, if I do more outdoor gigs I may move up to 12” array style of amp. When you go up to higher end amp, 10” can sound really awesome, even better than 12” or 15” but if one exist I’d probably can’t afford the 8” version of anything high end, as it would probably cost a pile of cash to make them sound good, lol.

Here’s my setup

1 Like

I wouldn’t know what to do with all those buttons! Lots of fun stuff to play with there, but my OCD could never. :grin:

I’m a simple man.

although amazingly amazing i gotta say this room also makes me anxious as hell :rofl:

2 Likes

It happens when you have 3 kids. They just love to make messes. My next heavy relic project, I plan to put the bass on the stand closer to where my kids play and let them bump and scratch the body. Soon I can charge heck of a lot extra for it. :joy:

4 Likes

I wasn’t following what you were saying talking about a relic project. Some quick googling enlightened me. I have to say, as someone that grew up poor, I don’t get it. I’m happy to have nice things now :grin:

I think I may have figured out what was going on. Wading through the internet with much grains of salt and I have a better understanding of pickups and pickup height now. Mine were extremely close to the strings. I lowered them considerably. While the volume did drop slightly, the tone knobs aren’t as spastic as before. I’m guessing with them pickups being so close to the strings it was allowing things to overreacting, or at least be very sensitive. Time will tell if things are better or if I’m just slowly losing my sanity.

1 Like

All respect to Al but yeah I would Marie Kondo that collection down to like two basses so hard and fast :rofl:

Then again I have a… large number of synthesizers, so maybe I should STFU.

3 Likes

I have 4 Strats, 2 LP’s, and Ibanez 335 clone and three fender amps. Some days I can play my regular Strat through my regular amp and everything feels and sounds great, the next day nothing feels right and I have to change guitars or amp to get the same feel and sound. I only have 2 basses, a P and a J, and one amp, so I don’t get the same as I did when I was trying to learn guitar, but there are days when one sounds or feels better than the other. I think it’s just our brains.

3 Likes