My day at work

Do a Dave

4 Likes

Dang! Sorry to hear.

4 Likes

Damn, sorry to hear that @Mac

I hope it all heals cleanly with no long term damage.

4 Likes

You could do worse with a life motto

“What Would Grohl Do?”

3 Likes

Genius !
I’m in :grin:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your injury Mac.

5 Likes

Wow you be careful now! Consider my name put on your cast :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is interesting reading all the snow stories,
Today in Brisbane it is supposed to be 36 degrees Celsius up to 40 in the outer suburbs and Ipswich (usually it is raining this time of year).
We only know about snow from TV mostly although I did play in snow in CHina and saw two Buddhist monks have a snowball fight at a temple in Xian.
Rest your pins Mac at least you are inside :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m hearing ya and apparently it’s going to be the norm now that the weather systems over Oz have changed ( La Nina/ El Nino)

2 Likes

Australian weather eh mate, we are either on fire or being washed into the sea.

3 Likes

I never noticed this thread. Today was a good one. 25 amps @ 480vac and filled with wet, conductive rotting food material.
You cannot imagine the smell as it was smoking while they tried to run it-and I’ll do the solid of not describing it.

5 Likes

What is it?? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Ooooo, crispy. That belongs in the BBQ thread. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s an electrical disconnect for An agitator in a cooking kettle. The food product was beer cheese, i think. Enough to make you never want appetizers again.

3 Likes

Ugh!

That’s a bit like when I worked summer jobs with a tiler (when I was young) and we were working in one of the smaller backrooms of a butcher’s shop all leading out to a common inner yard. Every now and then someone would come out and throw stuff in a dumpster or pour some sludge down a drain - it stank of dried blood, slightly rancid meat and sawn bones and what not. We were all: “Oh, man, I am off meat! Never touch that stuff again!” An hour later, the butcher would come out with freshly made sandwiches for us - they were delish :crazy_face: :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh man yeah with butchers it’s best to just not ask or know about the trade secrets. Just be glad they are there doing the job for you.

5 Likes

The same can be said when visiting Scotland. If you are offered haggis, never ask what is in it. The Mike Myers quote from So I Married An Axe Murderer was pretty accurate “My theory is that all of Scottish Cuisine is based on a dare”

5 Likes

I miss haggis so much. Even the canned stuff

4 Likes

Ewww, I eat haggis regularly but wouldn’t touch the canned stuff. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) it is banned for export to many countries. I believe it may be part of the Geneva Convention.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes