New Ariane Cap Fretboard book incoming!

Hardly worth the effort IMO

2 Likes

Each to their own. Hard for me to know the effort until I see what the binding is like. Worst case, I’ll just print the one side and stick it on the effected page or if it’s a tiny edit then maybe just note it on the page.

4 Likes

I get its not hard to make the notes, it just bugs me in total context that there are error, snow, and some begging for making up of shipping cost mistakes etc.

2 Likes

Thanks @skydvr. I’ll check it out.

3 Likes

For the price these things should not have happened IMHO :slightly_smiling_face:
After going through this whole thread you just summed up the reasons I will pass on this.

Yeah, it’s certainly true that there are a lot of different facets to gaining insight into music and playing. Different ones speak to different personalities and different minds. I truly struggle with reading because they put the notes different places on different clefs and that’s been crazy hard for me to overcome. I can play by math and geometry no problem. Brains are funny.

4 Likes

I went through with white out and a pen and fixed them. get out your reading glasses. I can forgive the typos and whatnots. but the missing videos does bug me, especially when the book opens with stressing not to skip the videos and then you find she hasn’t yet made… the very first video. that’s just sloppy and rushed.

4 Likes

Just starting my Ari book…getting chilly in here…brrrrrr.

5 Likes

This one I don’t blame her for. Maybe let her know to not use the same printer again though.

3 Likes

I had already shaken this out like crazy too

2 Likes

Considering the project supporter donation page said contribution is no guarantee of receiving the potential thank you gifts, I’m happy I got something for my support.

As someone familiar with the process of prototype, notes, first article, notes, rewrite all marketing material again, short production run, withdraw some feature promises, wait for part lead times, production run, field technicians travel to installation with soldering irons before opening day … I’m willing to cut the bass teacher some slack.

7 Likes

Honestly the only thing described that bugged me was asking for shipping kickbacks. Everything else seems pretty normal.

4 Likes

Give her a break, everyone. All she did was fess up that she miscalculated and had to eat the cost, then mentioned if anyone would be willing to help out, it would be appreciated. It’s not like she’s putting the arm on all her supporters for additional funding.

3 Likes

I just opened my new Ari book and shook it out on my dark blue rug. No snow here.
Maybe because I live in Arizona?
(rim shot)

5 Likes

Just got my posters! I don’t have an area to put them up yet. But I got them.

2 Likes

I got my book yesterday. I don’t have any snow either. The kids were looking forward to getting the sleds out though so were disappointed. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I sent a note to Ari.

She is like the single most positive person on the planet.
Yes, I am annoyed at the few issues, but she’s just so darn nice and real that I think I have to give her a pass. She really just wants people to learn how to play bass.

Here is her response…

Hi John, thanks for the nice note on the teaching.
And for the feedback on the snowy book.

It’s a 330 page book and it was extremely difficult to produce. Not many printers will even dare to print 330 pages in spiral bound formatting. I know when I signed them I got snowed on a bit as well. The ones on the bottom of the boxes were the most “snowy” so you likely got one of those.

Please celebrate with us and don’t mind the snow. The content is truly playing-changing if you so wish to accept the challenge. :slight_smile:

If you need help finding the videos hit “respond all” and Fred will help you. And maybe you’d like to join a Practice Group for some additional support. I am starting one that goes through the book (the BluePrints) in a few weeks. Info will be where the books are. For info on what Practice Groups are and how they work, check this page: Practice Groups Archive - Ari's Bass Blog

Wish you great grooving!
Ari

6 Likes

Yes, Ari is one of the most personable and approachable of all the online bass teachers.

7 Likes

Her free video content is great.

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I got my book today too!

5 Likes