**NEW** B2B Live Hangs - Permanent Ongoing Schedule

I consumed too much pizza for lunch that day and went into the carb coma. I awoke at 6pm (2 hours after the zoom started). :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Here are the dates for the 2023 live hangs.
They had to shift a bit as the next one fell on New Yearā€™s Day.

Also - need your help - I am no longer able to use my work Zoom link.
We have a couple optionsā€¦

1. Set up a couple free Zoom links and switch every 40 minutes
  2. Use someone elseā€™s paid Zoom account to create the reoccuring meeting and link
  3. Use god-awful Microsoft Teams and use a couple of their free links (which last 60 minutes)
  4. Use someone elses god-awful Microsoft Teams paid account to create the reoccuring meeting and link

If no paid accounts are available I will set up #1

3 Likes

I donā€™t have any of 1-4, but just wanted to say that during the pandemic, my siblings and I had several Zoom meetings with no paid Zoom account. We found that at the end of the 40 or 60 minute time limit, it was automatically extended for (IIRC) another hour.

So that might still be the case, or maybe Zoom, which was new and experiencing a lot of use at the time, just did it out of good will. Perhaps someone else with more recent experience using Zoom without a paid account can post and say if extra free time is still a thing.

2 Likes

No, it reverted back a while ago.

3 Likes

Too bad. Hope someone can provide a solution for the hangs.

2 Likes

According to this, freeconferencecall.com has no time limit and up to 1000 participants. I have no experience with it.

Thereā€™s also jitsi meet, which is free. A Linux users group I get emails from uses it, but Iā€™ve never participated in those meetings, so I have no experience with how it worksā€¦

4 Likes

Hi,

I just started this program this week but I have a paid zoom account (at least until mid-May) and would be happy to offer up its use if youā€™d like.

6 Likes

Thanks to @xNik we have a new Zoom link for the hangs with no time limit.
Thank you so so much @xNik !!!
See you all on the 15th

I have updated the top post in the thread with the link and dates for balance of yearā€¦

NEW Zoom Link (the old one no longer works)

5 Likes

Excellent news @John_E Big thanks to @xNik !!!

4 Likes

Thanks @xNik

3 Likes

Hey all, if any of you have the orginal live hang invite and link in your calendar and got a reminder for today, please ignore - no live hang today.

3 Likes

I was trying to remember if it was today or next week

2 Likes

Next weekend Scott.

Btw, had a dream about you last night.
You ran a very small deli/breakfast sandwich place.
I came by to surprise you but couldnā€™t order anything because everything was a sandwich and you had no gluten free bread.
You were smoking while you were cooking too.

And that was that.

5 Likes

Well i can fix sandwiches but i donā€™t smoke

5 Likes

We are back!
Next Zoom hang is this SUNDAY, 21:00 UTC / 4:00pm EST - math from there ensues

Looking forward to seeing everyone after our slightly extended holiday break.
@PamPurrs - will you be joining?

3 Likes

Excited for the first meet of 2023!

2 Likes

Iā€™m really thinking about it, but frankly a bit shy about making an appearance with my new look since the surgery. Plus, Iā€™m unable to speak now, so Iā€™ll have to type everything.

7 Likes

whenever you are ready, we are here.

4 Likes

I should be able to make it.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget - this Sundayā€¦

3 Likes