**NEW** B2B Live Hangs - Permanent Ongoing Schedule

You know what UTC used to be called? Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) :wink:

If you’re ex military, you’ll know it as Zulu.

2 Likes

Yep absolutely. Makes a nicer abbreviation too. 1400Z etc

1 Like

AHHHHHHHHH

I had it backwards, we were doing 21:00UTC = 4pm NY time and today it shifted to 20:00UTC = 4pm NY time.

Before today

4pm=21:00 UTC
Let’s say we changed clocks at exactly 4pm to 5pm

5pm=21:00 UTC, therefore

4pm=20:00 UTC

When I ‘corrected’ the first post in the thread, I corrected it backwards.
Fixing now.

4 Likes

Time is hard. People never believe this.

1 Like

Ya I said this backwards, my time shifts which forces the referece to UTC to shift.
I corrected it now and now know why @joergkutter was confused, and why @PamPurrs came late (actually ‘on time’ lol)

3 Likes

“Drink up,” said Ford, “you’ve got three pints to get through.”
“Three pints?” said Arthur. “At lunchtime?”
The man next to ford grinned and nodded happily. Ford ignored him. He said, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
“Very deep,” said Arthur, “you should send that in to the Reader’s Digest. They’ve got a page for people like you.”

7 Likes

Ahh, the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, a classic

3 Likes

A good way to remember daylight saving changes is this:

In fall/autumn, cafés put their chairs and tables back inside (so you turn your clock hand back).
In spring, they put the chairs outside again (so you turn your clock forward)

I simply checked the live hang at 20:00 UTC, just to be sure. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve always used: Spring forward, Fall back.

5 Likes

I found this site that allows people to easily determine the time of a scheduled group event.

https://notime.zone/

@John_E, when you set a date and time for the hangs in notime.com, you can copy the event notime link here, and everyone can use it to see when the event will happen in their respective time zones.

Hope this helps avoid confusion, @joergkutter and everyone else who’s struggled with time stuff.

4 Likes

Thanks, @MikeC :smile: Not to toot my own horn, but I was actually trying to un-confuse any lingering confusion :muscle: :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks @MikeC - I have added the link up top and will use when we approach the hang again in May (April cancelled due to Easter).

2 Likes

I know, man. :joy:

I just wanted to do a callback to the ringleader of the ”WTF is the actual start time?” thread. :rofl:

2 Likes

Will we be having a May Live hang this month?

Ugh - apologies all for not advertising this months (today) hang. I’ve been traveling and it totally slipped my mind. I hope you all logged on anyway.

See you next month and I promise to promote it!

2 Likes

I missed it, but then again, the music side of my attic office where I do the Zoom is being remodeled a bit anyway. See everyone next month!

1 Like

This Sunday LIVE HANGS ARE BACK!

See first post for details!

2 Likes

Got it!

LIVE THIS SUNDAY (tomorrow)

When? - Sundays 21:00 (4:00pm east coast time)
Who? - Anyone in the forum who wants to come hang and meet up with others.

See you then!!

1 Like

Count me in.

1 Like