Noisy pedals - in BYPASS! argh

The plot thicks!

When two similar issues happen to two discretely different things, it is either a grand coinsidence (unlikely), or, there is a connection.

Hello connection… tails.

Both the Lore and the Light pedals have a ‘tails / trails’ mode’.
SInce both have a reverb component to them, this feature allows the reverb to continue on and decay once you hit ‘bypass’, so they are not abruptly stopped.

Well, with that, Walrus Audio never turns off the circuit, just allows the signal processing to decay until gone, thus…NOISE!

So, they have replaced some things for good measure and sending it back for me to test in ‘no tails mode’.

The Gamechanger Light has this as well, but I had already learned this and had it turned off. Seems that circuit has failed according to them, so it is getting warranty replaced.

The more you know…

4 Likes

Wait, bypassing it doesn’t kill the tail? Kick to curb immediately if you can’t otherwise kill it with “no tails”.

The lore supposedly has a no tails mode which I’ll try when it comes back.

The light was working but then started leaking hiss so it’s getting warranty replaced.

If the lore doesn’t function as they say it will, I already told them they can buy it back from me for full price.

Lesson of the day: boutiquey pedals are fun, but not always fully worked out upon release.

2 Likes