(noob warning) Fast release straps?

Apologies if this has already been discussed! (I’m a complete noob all around here)

I saw the fast-release kinda strap Josh was rocking in some videos, and really liked that kind of set-up. I’ve looked around online though to find straps/buttons like this, and am confused.

I haven’t really been able to find anything like this online, other than something like an ernie ball super strap lock thing. Which means screwing a different button into the body of the guitar yeah?

Is that the kind of strap (‘system’?) we’d be talking about here?

Thanks for any help and direction. I just started on bass and would like to be able to clip a strap on and off (rather than pulling a simple leather/nylon strap back and forth over the button alllll the time. anytime I wanted to put a strap on or off).

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the Dunlop Straplok on Amazon or elsewhere. That’s what I use as do many others.

4 Likes

Thanks Pam :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, Dunlops and Schallers seem to be the most popular options. I have both and prefer the Schallers as they seem more solid and sturdy to me, but the Dunlops are fine too.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @matt2
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @matt2.
I just got the Ernie Ball strap locks on Amazon.
I showed the pictures of me setting it up, and yes, any strap loc requires you to replace the current button. Idk which ones it was, but some called for drilling the whole bigger, or deeper, idk, but their instructions showed drilling. I know for absolute sure, the Ernie Ball does not require drilling, just unscrew the old, and screw back in the new

Drilling is not a big deal, but I just rather bot.

I am sure all the others are fine, as they seem more popular, but I am happy with mine.

Btw, the Ernie ball ones come as Fender ones too, so if you rather have the Fender F, it’s available.

It may with other brand logos too, idk, you will have to research that.

5 Likes

I’ve got the Ernie Ball one too .
Simple fit,no drilling required .

4 Likes

I’m surprised any of them require drilling; Schallers didn’t and I doubt the Dunlops do either (though those came on my bass so I’m not sure.)

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @matt2!

3 Likes

I use the Dunlop flush mounts, which are much neater, with no protrusion. I didn’t mind drilling the holes for them, it was not difficult at all.

3 Likes

@PamPurrs
They’re really neat! Wish I’d noticed them when I was looking for a set😩
Mind you I could always put the Ernie Balls set on one of my projects ( which they were purchased for) and treat myself :joy:

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/48140002002-Dunlop-SLS1401N-Straplok-System/dp/B000EENER8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3JJ0E3MDHKQ0Y&dchild=1&keywords=dunlop+flush+mount+strap+locks&qid=1591015290&sprefix=dunlop+flush%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-1

4 Likes

@PamPurrs Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw those, didn’t think they looked nice at all, but after seeing them on your bass, I see that it is poor advertising, they could have shown better pictures and I may have left those in my cart and removed the Ernie Balls instead. But I am very happy with the EB. I like the look and feel.

4 Likes

@T_dub something tells me there are more basses in your future, and opportunities to try the flush mount straplok :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

There are 7 more Basses “HERE” waiting for the upgrade. Oops, make that 6, selling one tonight.
Anyway, 1 down, 6 to go, or 5 or 7, or more…

5 Likes