Octave drop effect

What pedal (if any exists)would I need that would allow me to drop an octave?
I’m messing around with a song that requires me to drop an octave while playing G# on the E string

4 Likes

An octaver :slight_smile:

Electro-Harmonix POG, Boss OC-2 and later versions (and clones), etc

super common. I owned a TC Nether, an inexpensive Boss OC-2 clone. Liked it a lot.

B1four has some built in too.

4 Likes

That’s what I initially thought but I talked myself into it being too obvious an answer!
Thanks @howard

4 Likes

I love the MXR (vintage) Octaver as my “quality” octaver but I like the Wahmmy Ricochet more which is a pitch shifter. I recommend that whammy cuzz it’s really fun to play with and you can go octave up and down.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WhammyRico--digitech-whammy-ricochet-pitch-shift-pedal

Uhm not sure why it is so expensive on sweetwater. On Thomann it’s listed for 77 euros.

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:. Thanks @Paul
I’ve already gone the cheapskate route and ordered a Behringer UO300 for $39 aud. Not expecting a lot but as I’ll only occasionally use it I thought I’d go cheap

3 Likes

Yeah makes sense, if the DigiTech was around $65 I would have recommended that one :smiley:
Think the Behringer is based on the Boss ones so should be good.

1 Like

Yep looks like an OC-2 clone

2 Likes

Mechanical solution?
Drop tuner and fast hands. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

More money !!! :joy:
And old age might be an issue

Keep in mind some of these cheaper octavers have poor tracking. You may not like the result as it not only drops you an octave but adds in some funky tones / mechanical-synthish color.

I would do some research online to insure you get out what you are looking for.

I have the OC-5 which tracks really well. I also have a Boss Harmonist PS-6 pedal (good for sax work, play tenor, alto comes along for the ride, etc) but does not track well enough for bass).

3 Likes

Some of those horses are looking a little chubby.
A brief diet should cover it. :wink:

2 Likes

5 string bass

1 Like

I’ve got one of those @John_E . And I must practice with it a lot more. I’m really enjoying the Warwick and the Ray4 way too much resulting in the poor 5 string sitting sadly in the rack.
Must try harder

:joy::joy::joy:
I’m not that brave

Can you tune a 5 string to a low G#?

I guess I didn’t do the math. Haha

You can, but you would need a thicker string. From what I read, a .165 is used commonly for drop G

1 Like
2 Likes