Offered a trade and I’d appreciate some input please

Thank you @SubsonicRob and @eric.kiser

The price thing is crazy over here compared to the USA @Al1885 . A non-descript Fender P from the 70’s can get $5000 + !
I was offered a Sandberg today. Don’t know much about them

4 Likes

If I were you @Mac, I would walk away from those trades.
Your bass is much more valuable. Sell it and then go buy yourself a nice bass of your choosing.

4 Likes

A Sadberg?! Nice. Do you have any details?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m missing the perspective on the wheeling and dealing in Australia. What’s harder to find here might be plentiful there. What I know about other countries is made in USA is still pretty desirable.

Are you in the mood for USA made? Give us an example of how much basses cost there.

1 Like

Its a Sandberg California VM4 @eric.kiser
In a sort of cream colour :joy:

6 Likes

Okay @Al1885 . I hope you’re sitting down….

Ernie Ball Music Man 4 H 2012 natural finish $4800
1963 Fender Jazz sunburst $22,950
1977 Fender Jazz natural $3950
1975 Fender p black pearl $4850
1964 Fender Jazz natural $10,000
1964 Fender Jazz lake placid blue $13,950
1978 Fender p in white $5750

Things ain’t cheap here :joy:

4 Likes

I hope youi like it as much as I do. And that neck…

3 Likes

This is just too much :scream:

3 Likes

Sandberg are amazing German basses (the premium ones). They are really popular and hold value very well. I owned two of them and for pricing it’s about the same as Warwick.

From all the basses you listed it’s probably the best for playability. Just that cream color tho… Maybe he should make more pictures where it doesn’t look like a popsicle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

As far as I recall, there are a few Sandberg owners/players in here, @Mac ! Usually great basses; I love my TM4… however, I guess personally I would have a hard time with the cream and tort look :joy:

I understand your challenge with living in a more remote area, but it seems you get offered ALL sorts of basses… So, it seems to me it is presently more a question of “what can I get”, while the real question ought to be “what do I want to get”.

Again, if it is to try out different basses, then maybe you should buy (and sell) a few (understanding the shipping challenges) - otherwise, hold on to your money until your “dream bass” comes along.

Of course, this requires that you know what your dream bass is - and that is not a given (for any of us)!!

3 Likes

I truly loved the Thumb bass in all honesty. I just don’t play it as much as it deserves and have reached the stage that @howard is at where I just can’t let things sit there gathering dust @joergkutter .
The Sandberg did interest me especially after a bit of research but I just don’t know if I could live with the colour and I really don’t want to be refinishing a quality instrument myself.
I may take the Warwick out of the case tonight and have an hour or two playing it.
See if I can reignite the love :joy:

3 Likes

Good plan! Sometimes a new (or different) set of strings does wonders :grin:

4 Likes

You read my mind :joy:
Just been browsing strings on the Bass Centre website

3 Likes

This sounds so familiar.

When I purchased my Yamaha TRBX304 and decided to upgrade to the 504 after only a couple of weeks, and playing it less than a dozen times, these were the kind of ridiculous offers I received. I still have the 304 but never play it and it is still in the original shipping package. I only own the two basses and consider the 304 as a back up.
I will give the 304 away to a less fortunate individual before I will sell it to some yob for 1/2 price to make a profit on. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Always a good idea, @Mac… Buy it some flowers, take it out for a nice dinner… You never know what happens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I was going to start thinning out my heard as I was running out of space and some weren’t getting any play time. Sounds stupid simple, but instead I started switching out basses once a week so as to rotate the love. Sure I prefer one of the other, but each one is unique and has qualities lacking by the others. When I get to the end of the rotation, I always comment on how much I love the bass I am playing at the time. I do have one bass listed on Reverb, but secretly hope that it doesn’t sell. Don’t tell my wife, she thinks I am making an effort to get better.

6 Likes

Same here. Or some days one just says “play me” or my mood changes for the tone I’m looking for or feel I’m looking for.

I have one that will get sold. Did not turn out like I planned and just don’t feel it. And one I bought for a project that I went another way with, so that’s going to, but they make room for the two on order I don’t have space for anyway, win-win.
Lol

2 Likes

Same here @Mac however that’s a lot of money if you don’t like the colour.

3 Likes

WTF?!

3 Likes

You may even end up sleeping with one like some of our forum members

3 Likes