Ok, I need a Schecter

I know schecter makes that same natural satin Color scheme in a lefty, and I think they do it in a 5 string? Your should check reverb? They got everything.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, Iā€™m not left-handed, I just have a friend that is and appreciate them as a company for not ignoring a segment of the population like most guitar/bass manufacturers. As I was researching their basses I just noticed a lot of left-handed models and it stuck out to me.

3 Likes

@Koldunya, @Paul, @autumnsdad1990, @Mike_NL Hi! I know Iā€™m late to this thread, but would you and the others here please help me figure out Schecterā€™s line up? :pray:

Iā€™m wanting to upgrade and Iā€™m between a Sterling Ray34, an Ibanez SR600, or a Schecter, I love the vibe of the Stealth, but Iā€™m not fully sold on it, yet.

Which basses in Schecterā€™s line up are more comparable to the others in this list, give or take? Iā€™m actively searching for a decent used deal on any of these models.

The types of music I like, or could see myself playing once I got further along in my learning, would be rock, some alt metal, I have a thing for 80ā€™s new wave/alternative, Duran Duran, The Fixx, The Cure, D. Mode. Some fun bass lines came out of that genre. Also, reggae.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Schecter punches above its weight, imo, for sure. In this case, the Stealth has the MM and P pickup combo which Iā€™ve never seen myself on another bass. It basically has the pickups from both of those other basses you are considering; it could be a good choice between them.

The Stiletto Extreme seems to be in the same price range and has soapbars. I have experience with a 10yo Extreme 4 and itā€™s a great bass, too.

The Omen Extremes will probably be fairly comparable as well.

I donā€™t know much about the rest of their lineup in that price range.

4 Likes

Thanks, @Koldunya.Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve heard about them.

Iā€™ll do a little research on the other models you mentioned. Appreciate the help!

2 Likes

So i are a schecter fanboy. Iā€™ve got a custom 4 (stiletto) and had a omen extreme 4. Bit Both were deadly serious for their cost. Both of those have the soapbar pickups.

The stealth looks like a nasty little thing. Got some attitude to it for sure. They can be gotten used in really good shape between 3-4 hundred dollars.

This is also where the omen extreme comes in on price.

So if you go up notch to the stiletto, you get ( in my humble opinion ) a better bass. They cost a little more, 4-5 hundred used- but fully worth it.

Next step up is the studio, and man they look mean. Pretty dang nice neck-through for 6-7 hundred used.

I canā€™t tell you what bass to get. Hopefully you can try a few and get a feel for them. But most of us that did donā€™t want to put it down.

Schecter is a serious manufacturer, they simply make great gear. As @Koldunya said, they punch above their weight. You are getting every dollar you spent. There are many great companies making good gear-more each day it seems.

So, no sales pitch. I donā€™t rep their gear- but itā€™s good gear. If you got one, i donā€™t think youā€™d regret the decision.

Best of luck choosing, keep us posted!

2 Likes

As for used deals? I really like reverb, And theygot a lot of free shipping options. Plus you can make offers and maybe save a few bucks.

1 Like

I often get offers too, just by watching an item XD I got my C-5 GT for like 10 or 15% off and didnā€™t even ask.

Also @Pablo I donā€™t know where you are located, but Musicianā€™s Friend often sends out 15% off coupons (and sometimes 20%) and Schecter is one of the few companies these coupons actually work on. I got my Stiletto Studio 5, a $1000 bass new for $800.

1 Like

Oh my, that thing is fly.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Youā€™re going to fit in with some of us nicely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is so funny. Because Iā€™ve actually Been working on save a prayer. It is just fun to play.

2 Likes

John Taylor is a great bass player.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the insights. Yeah, theyā€™ve been in my top 3 since I made my purchase last year, but I went with the low end model of the Sterlings.

Like I said, Iā€™m between the Ibanez, Schecter and the higher end Sterlings (34s), but Iā€™m liking the quality of the Schecters more and more. And, they sound great!

At some point, finances notwithstanding, lol, Iā€™ll have one of each.

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™m in NYC. Iā€™ll keep an eye for that. Thanks again for the help. :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure. My true love is that short lived Grunge/Metallica/Tool era, but my wife gets a laugh when I get into 80ā€™s mode (which is pretty regularly). Such great music from those days!

1 Like

Great song!

You arenā€™t alone on the financial considerations. I wish i were independently wealthy, but my slip and fall at Wal-Mart and get paid plan hasnā€™t paid offā€¦yet.:grin:

2 Likes

When, and if it does, remember who your friends are. :joy:

1 Like

What do you guys think about a 2018 Schecter Studio 4 in matte black, great to near excellent condition for about $650? I spoke to the guy at the shop and he sent me a couple of close ups. He said it was pretty clean.

The ad says itā€™s a 2020ā€™s but based on the serial number itā€™s a 2018.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ā€¦ but no. If you call Musicianā€™s friend, tell them you heard about some sort of 15% off sale and was wondering if it was still going because you want to buy a bass. Brings the price to $765-ish new. So thatā€™s either 100 bucks more or the same if heā€™s making you pay shipping. Hope this helps!

3 Likes