Other hobbies?

Shit - that’s not a good forecast… Those pictures look impressive but likely can’t quite convey the sense of danger and sheer force of this fire (as such pictures tend to do if you are far away from the actual threat they represent) :open_mouth:

Good luck and take good care of yourself!!

1 Like

I need to get back on Badger and Blade. Great forum.

This is going to be a ‘What’s a Rubik’s cube?’’ Google search for anyone under 30 on this forum.

4 Likes

Is there anybody under 30 in this forum? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You’re hard pressed to find the under 50s here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think there are a few under 30 (@glitch ?), but perhaps not as active as the more “mature” members. They may be busy with other things in life (as many young people are), and don’t have a lot of time to spend on the forums, or maybe they prefer to lurk. But I thought there was one younger person at least out of the many who recently posted in the Introduce Yourself! (2023) thread.

Just checked that thread quickly and see: @shaiyu, @chasteen12, @remco, @tasja.karapetian all under 30; @Marjolein, @pinkBassgrl88, and @NoLifeKing are close. Several other new members in the thread are under 50.

3 Likes

I was being a bit facetious. I’m still under 50 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right, I’m 24. I would love to participate in the forum more but I hardly find time, sorry for that.

I can solve a Rubik’s cube too, but I really have to work on my speed :slight_smile: I actually have a small collection, including 3x3, 4x4, a mirror cube and an xtreme (which I never fully solved).

5 Likes

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m Not old, because i Just celebrate anniversaries. This year I’ll celebrate the 27th anniversary of my 25th birthday. that’s clearly not old😆

6 Likes

I know that fires are scary. Yet they are beautiful at the same time from some who has been out fighting them.

2 Likes

I try to keep up hobbies in my old age =P. Besides trying to learn the bass, I play in (and sometimes DM) online D&D games via a community I help run. I do a good bit of reading mostly in the fantasy genre; currently around halfway through The Wheel of Time.

I play games here or there, with most recent being Cyberpunk 2077. Long time Rocket League GC level player here, but I’ve given it up as it sucks up all my time when I let it. I also watch anime; I highly recommend Cyberpunk: Edgerunners if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

3 Likes

As for other hobbies? Got a well loved ps4 that I’ll upgrade to a 5 soon.

1 Like

I’m 54 but I identify as 28. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Mine are Silky Pony Death Star, but shhhh. Don’t tell just anyone.

3 Likes

Despite the terrible launch it was an amazing game!

3 Likes

Yeah, I heard it was rough. After watching Edgerunners I looked into it and people were saying most issues are ironed out (2 years later) so I snagged it on sale. Was an awesome game, had a ton of fun. Two huge improvements I think they could make would be to optimize the Fight->Collect->Sell loop a bit and somehow make the hacking minigame faster. Going to drop-points after every other fight to sell trash guns got old and doing access point hacks to get money and cyberhacks got pretty old as well. The combat and story were epic though.

2 Likes

It was also way better on PC (where I played it) than console apparently.

Keanu was awesome! Story was great, I played through all the endings because they were all so good. ironically I think my favorite was the one where V offs themselves.

2 Likes

I don’t get the joke. Why is this funny?

1 Like

A friend of mine had a trans sister who was gruesomely murdered. Throat slit, multiple stab wounds in the stomach. A horrible way to die. When my friend went to the police station to identify the body, she could overhear the police officers in the other room making “My pronouns are…” jokes. Your “joke” reminded me of the callousness of the police officers in that other room.

“My prounouns are…” may seem like a funny premise for a joke. But they mock the sincerely held beliefs of people (like me) who believe this small effort can help make the world easier to navigate for trans people.

This forum is about playing the bass. Mocking other people’s beliefs, whether you think they are silly or serious, is disrespectful and has no place here.

12 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that. Sadly it’s not out of line with fears some of my trans friends carry with them every day. Thank you for making the points you did.

5 Likes