Other hobbies?

I’m really sorry to hear that. Sadly it’s not out of line with fears some of my trans friends carry with them every day. Thank you for making the points you did.

5 Likes

Ok, i get that. And I’m sorry it was taken like that. It certainly wasn’t meant to be that. I’ll happily remove the post, and i fully support you going to the moderators to make a complaint if you feel like you need to.

I’m truly saddened to hear about your friend. That’s awful.

9 Likes

I appreciate and accept your apology. That took guts to do so publicly. There’s no need to get moderators involved. Thank you for considering a different perspective.

11 Likes

There’s a learning curve in everything in this life. I can own my behaviors. I appreciate your candor. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing.

8 Likes

Nice, @tasja.karapetian . I solve with the Roux method. I describe it as “the most popular advanced method for people that don’t use the most popular advanced method.”

I forget all the puzzles I’ve solved, although the classic 3x3x3 is by far my favorite. I do the mirror cube (beginner’s method only although I did it with Roux a couple of times), and everything from 4x4x4 on up to 7x7x7. For those I use my own variation of the Lewis method, which is kind of Roux for big cubes. And then there’s the megaminx, the pryaminx, and so on.

2 Likes

Cool cool cool! I only know the beginner’s method, had to look up the others.

1 Like

I don’t play many games, but I do play a bit of Rocket League. Nowhere near GC tho - more like gold level :rofl: I have no clue how to learn all those air dribbles and fancy moves - kudos for getting up to that level…

1 Like

Thanks!

Don’t get discouraged, the fancy stuff is not necessary to get into the champ level and above.

If you add me on Discord I can send you a list of skills to work on, youtube tutorials that teach them, and roughly the ranks where they will be most important. I’ll order it such that you get the most improvement for the least effort. NoLifeKing#8133

2 Likes

I’ve been getting into making steampunk costuming lately… to match the steampunk guitars I build. :grinning:

22 Likes

Now that is a fine look. Trust me, I’m from Portland.

3 Likes

You’ll need some Les Claypool chops to go with that look!

:+1:

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Have any pictures of any of the axes you’ve built? Steampunk guitars sound rad.

3 Likes

@NoLifeKing look in the project basses thread and search for @Korrigan . There is a bunch there. He’s an absolute gem of a designer.

5 Likes

Mellow walk up around Mt Elgood today. Pizza Dog got her pizza, so it was a success even if the skiing was pretty average.

11 Likes

Pizza Dog living the good life.

4 Likes

Thanks @NoLifeKing and @MC-Canadastan!

You can check out some of the photo albums on my Facebook page:

4 Likes

There is a huge Steampunk and Goth fair at Whitby every year, the cost of steampunk gear is exorbitant.
The mass produced stuff is expensive, quality hand made gear would probably go for a premium price.

3 Likes

@Deidheid: I’ve pretty much given up trying to sell my work. It seems that guitarists can’t afford functional works of art and art collectors aren’t looking for guitars. :smiley:

2 Likes

No accounting for some people’s lack of taste… no accounting for some others’ lack of accounting either.

3 Likes

As some of you will have guessed from my username, I play with cars. I’m currently fitting a 400bhp Jaguar XJR engine into my Volvo 240 estate/wagon. I’m currently the stages of fitting the standalone engine management and trying to create a clutch/flywheel solution (the engine was never fitted with a manual transmission from the factory). The project is taking forever due to financial and enthusiasm reasons. The picture is what it looked like before I tore it apart to give it a heart transplant. Now, 5 years later, it’s looking very sad and increasingly green!

9 Likes