Other hobbies?

Yep! Which is why I can’t afford to quit on my own…

Good for you guys! I just thought… out of spite… :wink:

1 Like

Well then wishing you the best for the consulting! What a terrible way to treat people.

1 Like

Dang John. I’m glad this has been a positive experience for you! Good luck and I hope things keep going well for you.

Dasani then.

I hate those corporate layoffs - been there, done that, hope it all works out. Sure it will. positive vibe

1 Like

:heart:

That’s fantastic as an outlook and I can totally understand.

Sorry to hear. Seems to be happening everywhere. I’ve survived 4 restructurings in the last 3 years. It’s stressful. Should I not survive the next one, I’ll also go back to consulting.

Thanks.
They literally had one every 2 years (skipped the 2021 covid year one).
Two types of folks were let go…slackers and folks that developed strong teams to which they thought “well, we don’t need the expensive guy”.

Every function lost 1 director/sr. director, except engineering - lost 6!
There’s a message in there for sure.

I was always scared to death to go out on my own, but I can’t relo due to family ties, and there ain’t many food companies around NYC anymore (and the ones that are just laid off folks or are moving this year as well) so started calling every single person I have known in the past 31 years and started working about a week after I made the first call.

7 Likes

Which one were you :wink: :heart:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your employment situation @John_E
Good to hear it’s panning out well for you too.
Fingers crossed it’s onwards and upwards

Ideally both!

This is the worst part, same for many industries right now. Very bad job mobility situation at first glance. Super glad you’re landing well.

Sorry to hear @John_E . Glad that things are looking good, and hope you enjoy that well-deserved paid sabbatical.

Multi sport day today. Skiing Red Mountain in the morning and riding in the afternoon. Spring is on its way. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

No playing today.

Today’s hobby - follow and pay

10 Likes

That’s not a hobby, @John_E . That’s a career and a lifestyle all rolled into one, with a little vocation sprinkled on top.

6 Likes

I love the scene in Despicable Me 2 where Gru hands the girls some money and says “Now go buy some useless Mall junk” :wink:

6 Likes

These days this statement is “now go buy me every useless product tic-toc told you you must have”

3 Likes

It’s crazy to me that those pictures are from the same day in the same general area

2 Likes

20 minute drive apart :metal:

4 Likes

I really like traveling. This is a picture I took in Prague.

10 Likes