Pam and John's "How To Record Yourself" Parts 1 & 2 (Audio & Video)

David:

3 Likes

Hoping y’all have a great zoom meeting tomorrow!! Have fun!!:grinning::grinning:

9 Likes

I hope I can make it but have to spend time with my Luthier and see if I can get my Jag wired up right

3 Likes

One more hour folks. If you’re interested in learning how to record yourself, this is the place to be.
9dfc6592ed16879bf97bf73ecc08b4eb09290a68efe501b125f88ee86f7c50e9.0

4 Likes

Thank you to everyone who participated!

7 Likes

Recording will be up in a bit, once I get it from zoom and upload.

Thank you @PamPurrs for all your input!

Big thanks to @HowlinDawg for being our patient live audience.

5 Likes

Thank you Pam and John, that was really informative.
And it was great to meet you both and put a face and voice to the names!

3 Likes

Well finally home, sorry I missed it! Will certainly watch the video, and thanks so much for doing this. I sorely need the help

2 Likes

Here is the recording of the session.
@PamPurrs and I really hope this helps folks here sort out recording themselves.

Look for Part 2-Video soon!

20 Likes

I’m on holiday this week but I will be watching this when I return.

As I’ve said before, the internet can be a cesspit of idiots.

BassBuzz is however not that place. Thanks @PamPurrs and @John_E for taking the time to pass on your knowledge.

8 Likes

It would appear that I don’t need to buy a DAI, my practice amp acts as an interface and allows me to record a wet or dry signal so I can even add some basic effects and get a signal into Reaper.

Thanks @John_E and @PamPurrs, you really made getting up and running far less daunting.

7 Likes

That’s great, one down!

5 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs and @John_E for doing this, very helpful, looking at your video recording looks less intimidating

5 Likes

Glad to be of any help of which I’m able @Reo

5 Likes

Any time you have questions @Reo just let us know!

4 Likes

This is priceless. From the casual tone to the depth of topics covered. This would’ve been very handy before I had to figure it all by myself at the cost of blood, sweat and tears. Thank you for doing this :slight_smile:

Love this community

6 Likes

Thank you @gcancella.
I am glad we were able to piece something coherent together for folks.

Tried to approch it from the very beginner ‘I need a what?..and a what?? and a who?’ and put all those pieces together without stepping in too many rabbit holes.

Thanks for taking the time to watch!

6 Likes

You, ladies and gentlemen, are simply awesome.

4 Likes

Great informative tutorial John @John_E & Pam @PamPurrs ,
I was your audience along with Martin, just not live.
You guys did a great job.
Your explanation with regards to Garageband being similar is correct,
I do mine basically the same way, I would say the only thing that sets GB as a DAW apart from what you guys use is the fact that on a Mac it’s a one stop shop for all components of the process, record audio in GB whilst running photo booth to record video in parallel and then just dropping both into IMovie for the syncing and adding intro transitions and outro transitions etc.
I use a pre sonus 24 c DAI , and it is as you say basically the same + or - the bells and whistles as you guys mentioned.
When I was ready to start doing covers last year I reached out to Bill @Lanny who was happy to mentor and provide the guidance and assistance for me to be able to get up and running. Bill has a full tutorial available on his website for those that are running a Mac.
As he uses a Mac it made sense to buy the Mac to simplify everything.
I look forward to seeing your video component when you get it up on the forum,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Yes @TNKA36 Brian. Recording both the audio and video track simultaneously allows for simple most accurate syncing throughout the entire recording - otherwise if the audio and video were recorded separately, it would be like “Lip Syncing”, only using a bass.

4 Likes