Post your covers! (2019-2022)

for the 4th time I think, I have a nice comment from the band I cover. here from the bass player of Olde Crow :

com-du-groupe

:metal::grin:

9 Likes

Sure, why not!? I mean you allowed my very truncated, uhm, cover of “Portrait of Tracy” :grin:

5 Likes

Nicely done! Like the camera/lighting work as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

[quote=“terb, post:3107, topic:3763”]
for the 4th time I think, I have a nice comment from the band I cover. here from the bass player of Olde Crow :

That’s pretty damn cool :sunglasses: congratulations

3 Likes

Very nice @trygh

3 Likes

Greetings BassBuzzers…
Here is the second of two covers that I completed before leaving on my current work trip. An old song from my youth, it is one of my favorites from Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass. I hope you enjoy it. As always, comments and critiques welcomed.

14 Likes

You should consider starting a Herb Alpert Tribute Band, @JerryP :joy:

That looked ultra-relaxed… fully in command on this song!!

I didn’t know you owned a Hamer - nice!

5 Likes

Nicely done, Jerry @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers and good luck on your trip!

Joe

5 Likes

Very nicely done @JerryP

4 Likes

Thank you @joergkutter @Jazzbass19 @PamPurrs.
I don’t think there is much call for a Herb Alpert Tribute Band. :joy:

7 Likes

again an excellent cover @JerryP ! as always I love your relaxed laid back style, and you have a very appropriate warm bass tone. that’s great !

yes ! :v::grin:

5 Likes

+1 on the tribute band :slight_smile:

My friend and I are basically in a post-punk tribute mode right now, so I see no reason that you shouldn’t do the same for someone with as much material as Herb Alpert.

6 Likes

You might be pleasantly surprised @JerryP

Great cover as always and so damn relaxed. I don’t look that chilled on 90mg of lithium a day :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks @terb @howard & @Mac!
I guess I don’t show it, but when I’m recording audio/videos, I am concentrating very much. If my mind wanders while playing, the mistakes come out.
Thanks again everyone!

6 Likes

Very nice & relaxed Jerry @JerryP😎,
Smooth piece with nice tone from the Hamer👍
Liked the different camera angles😎 and the rocking along.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks Brian!

4 Likes

This may be my first post of my own cover in the Covers category! It’s not exactly… legitimate. My friend is a brilliant songwriter, and he crafts amazing old-school country songs. Stripped down, simple, and lovely.
He just put out a new record (which I love, and encourage anyone who likes country music to check out: https://lowstarrodeo.bandcamp.com/album/home-sweet-nowhere) and to try and help spread the word, I posted this video…
It’s a long-form bassist joke (he’s a great bassist in addition to songwriter, guitarist and singer).

So, take the whole 3 minutes and 37 seconds, and learn how to ruin a great song with me!

17 Likes

Hostile takeover :joy:

Thing is, no matter how far out this is (and obviously not doing a whole lot of good for the song), you still need to be able to pull all that off - and here I say: chapeau!!

Here is Frans Vollink’s take on “way too many notes”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuWRMQEipQs

11 Likes

@joergkutter that was impressive! Frans Vollink is killing that bass!

6 Likes

@Gio Got a little funky in there. Good song even though I am not much of a country fan I enjoyed it.

6 Likes