Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Cool cover @sfadams :sunglasses: and a great bassiversery idea

5 Likes

Good job Brian. Left you a comment on the website.

4 Likes

Good job @Fahri!
:+1:

6 Likes

Excellent performance @sfadams. Watching you play it looks like the same difficulty level as Billie Jean.
:+1: :+1:

6 Likes

no problem at all @Fahri ! your tracks are very clearly audible, that’s the important point.

I like the idea @sfadams ! that’s not the easiest song to start with, for sure :grin: also your bass tone is waaaaay better with those VST plugins, I remember when you were recording directly the bass pickups into the DAI and it’s like day and night.

4 Likes

Hi Bassbuzz friends,
as promised, here is my cover of Aussie Crawl’s Original version of “Downhearted”.
IMO I think this version is better than the extended version I already covered, I love the Sax piece in the song.
As usual all feedback is appreciated,
Please enjoy,
Keep on Rocking,
Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/05/25/downheartedoriginal-recording/

11 Likes

Great job Brian @TNKA36.
I notice this cover has a lot more high ends in the backing track and your bass vs. your first cover of the other version though. Was that intentional?

5 Likes

Great job as always Brian! I’m enjoying the soft rock style of this band.

3 Likes

This is great! As John mentioned, there’s a lot of highend there, but overall, I really enjoyed it, especially the fact how you enjoyed it so much!

4 Likes

A very good cover @TNKA36 Brian… Very well played, and very well mixed… Can tell that you were locked in and in the groove!

Left a comment on the website…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Hi John, @John_E,
The high ends in the backing track are due to this being a different recording than the first cover.
Maybe that’s why i really like this version of the song better than the other, along with the fact it has the great little sax piece in it just for you :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Jerry @JerryP, @wellbi, and Bill @Lanny,
The high end IMO is just the way it was originally recorded, my ears really like the brightness :+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

One more trip to Motown…

https://youtu.be/rS7DUu6lTlM

12 Likes

Brian @TNKA36 you did a wonderful job on this song. I’m really enjoying the passel of covers you’ve been doing of this group.
I commented on the website as well.

4 Likes

Thanks Pam @PamPurrs,
I am glad you are enjoying Aussie Crawl👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Very nicely done @John_E, both bass and sax. I really enjoyed listening to it.

5 Likes

Very nice job John, @John_E,
Don’t know the song but you did a great job,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Great job @John_E! That was very enjoyable!

5 Likes

great covers @TNKA36 and @John_E , you both did really well ! with both a very appropriate groove and tone.

5 Likes

Thanks Laurent @terb,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes