Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Yeah that’s the first burgundy one I seen. Gorgeous colour!

Vintage! Nice :ok_hand:

4 Likes

OK gang,
This is another song I was noodling around with a couple of weeks ago and I thought I’d post it. It is also from the play “Grease” and it was just fun to play. Hope you all like it.

13 Likes

Very good, Jerry @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Great job @JerryP.
So my new bass instructor watched all my videos and said “why is your thumb waiving at me?”. You do what I do and my hand starts to claw around the neck. He’s telling me to break that habit and have it ride the back of the neck, to strive for the middle but that’s not always possible, but, not to wave at him. :wave: :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Joe!

3 Likes

Thanks John!

Yeah, I know. I use my thumb to help me mute the E string so I don’t think it will ever find a home on the back of the neck. I don’t use it to fret any notes, just mute them.

5 Likes

Very nicely done @JerryP . Somehow, I don’t recall this song, was it only in the Broadway play? I’ve only seen the movie a couple dozen times.

You look great standing while you play. You sound better too :smile_cat:

3 Likes

I love this song and you did a great job covering it. :clap:

3 Likes

It was in the movie, but very breifly and without the intro.
More background music.
It might have been during the drive-in scene if I remember right, during the hot-dog dance on screen?

4 Likes

Thank you @John_E for derailing my plans for this evening. Now, I must watch Grease. :popcorn:

4 Likes

I was wrong! It was the first song Sha-Na-Na played at the dance-off when everyone was getting ready.

4 Likes

This has been hands down one of my top 3 Beatles songs forever, so, here goes!
The isolated bass on this track is (at least to my ear) overdriven and even a bit distorted, so I used the VT Bass DI to give it some edge and dirt to try to match Macca’s Ricky as close as I could.
He also played it with a pick (whIch I half-heartedly tried and decided to come back to as a ‘look I can use a pick now’ goal song.
The bass in the orgininal is really muddy in the mix and goes in and out at times, I am a little louder in the mix on purpose.

Loaded on YouTube first and was instantly blocked globally!
How do others have Beatles songs up there?
So, thank you Vimeo for hosting yet another outlaw cover.

Hope you all enjoy, all feedback greatly appreciated.

15 Likes

Exquisite @John_E great timing and great tone all the way through. I loved the tone that the VT Bass DI puts out. I have one myself and love it!
After having watched McCartney 3, 2, 1; I’m really jonesing to do a Beatles cover myself. I’ll play it on the Hofner, of course .

Bravo @John_E on another great cover!

4 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs
This one took me a while to get to where I was happy with it.
I certainly see the utility in the VT Bass DI.
The next cover will use the DG B7K but for this one I could not get the same tone I was looking for in the DG B7K, so happy to have both.

4 Likes

Two great covers gentlemen! @JerryP and @John_E
You’re both very hard acts to follow

4 Likes

@JerryP fabulous; I’ve never heard that song before, but hey it comes with instructions. I mean what’s not to like?

@John_E I like everything about that. Plus the Aero is out again in fine form. You could sell all the rest and become a one bass guy :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Pam! I believe the full version of the song is only in the play.

3 Likes

Thank you @Bassdacious !

2 Likes

Great job as usual @John_E ! One of my top favorite Beatles songs. I really enjoyed the performance while having my morning coffee.
:+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you Mac!

3 Likes