Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I got off the hotel wi-fi and used my phone and was able to listen. Great job! I posted a comment on the website.
:+1:

2 Likes

Another great cover @TNKA36 .
Your going to have to teach me how to do this recording trickery

1 Like

Thanks Jerry @JerryP , thanks Mac @Mac ,
No problems with showing ya how to do the covers👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 I bought a DAI but it’s sat in its box . I haven’t got a clue :flushed:

2 Likes

@PamPurrs and I were talking about maybe doing a livestream that can be recorded (pun intended) for Bassbuzzers and keep it very simple and direct on recording yourself with a backing track using two different DAIs, DAWs (Reaper/Abelton) etc.

I think this would be really good for us to do.
Bare bones, just what is needed, no fluff, right to the point.

8 Likes

@TNKA36 I just remember that I used to create a specific tag for my covers of australian bands : Australie | BASS COVERS ON THE COUCH

6 Likes

I would welcome this!! Thanks for considering it @John_E and @PamPurrs. I had my Sweetwater sales engineer quote me some home recording gear (see pic below) but I haven’t got off my arse and placed the order. Hell, things are what they are, I haven’t gotten off my arse and done A LOT - I am weeks behind on the 50 Songs Challenge, and my practice routine is for crap. I will regain the momentum - eventually.

2 Likes

My $0.02
hmmm, why do you need a mic?
You singing?
Most record direct vs. micing the amp.
I don’t know those monitors, but they are not what I would buy.
I think what @PamPurrs just bought (she can chime in) is what I would buy to replace the ones I shouldn’t have bought.
You can’t go wrong with a focusrite.

3 Likes

Thinking it was recording audio from the amp into the mic. Since I was only tire-kicking, I didn’t spend the time to ask those questions.

I did however challenge him on the speakers (these are higher end than I need) and another brand he recommended were the ones @PamPurrs recently got - I think I remember seeing them on that post.

3 Likes

Are these the ones he recommended? These are great monitors. If you have a larger room, you might consider the 8 inch ones instead, but for my size room these are more than adequate.

1 Like

Yes, those https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LP6pr--kali-audio-lp-6-6.5-inch-powered-studio-monitor-pair are exactly the ones he came back recommending after I challenged him on the Focals.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Alpha50Evo--focal-alpha-50-evo-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

2 Likes

Those Kali monitors are well worth every penny. I actually think they’re worth more than the $298 a pair they’re selling for. I say go for it!

1 Like

$298 for a pair of 6.5" is a good price.

2 Likes

Great choice and the tone is spot on :+1: There are some killer basslines on that soundtrack…

2 Likes

Great job and plus marks for joining in the chorus!

2 Likes

Great idea John, @John_E ,
Bill @Lanny already has a tutorial on recording covers using GB.
Maybe we should discuss at the hang next Monday👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I agree with Pam. I have the Kali’s as well and they are great! I’ve been mixing and mastering with them, with no issues, including using some sub bass sounds in some tracks. Very happy with mine, just make sure you have good isolators, no matter what you get.

2 Likes

Agree 100%
Like these

3 Likes

Thank you @Ed !

2 Likes

@John_E , that’s absolutely bonkers, how good that cover is. To my ears you’re spot on.
Tone-wise, you got that beautiful blue Fender dialed in perfectly. What strings are on it? Anyhoo, that cobalt-like blue has got to be one of my absolute favorite colors.

2 Likes