Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Absolutely LOVED it @JerryP - Jerome…. Beautiful tone and spot on timing! I do love country, and most songs do have “simple” bass lines, but no matter how simple they may be, the difficulty is in timing and tone - you hit ‘em both​:+1::+1:.

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

Great job Jerry @JerryP ,
Nailed the tone, right on point, you look like you fit right in on the country scene, just need to wear your 10 gallon hat and your western shirt and your big shiny belt buckle.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Give it away John @John_E :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

If only someone would take that Wildwood Weed and Give it Away…

4 Likes

now that is a great song, i love the piece where he says they go on a holiday without even leavin the farm :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thank you both @Lanny Lanny and @TNKA36 Brian! Very much appreciated!

5 Likes

Great just great @JerryP :+1:
Simple doesn’t mean easy and to get the tone as you have is a skill in itself. A real achievement once again.
The covers old guard certainly have got this cover business sorted

4 Likes

Hi Bassbuzz friends,
I have been in another lockdown in Melbourne with nothing better to do than to make a few covers.
So please find links below to my latest contributions, I think I am well on the way to completing Chris Issak’s album in full.
I also added a nice song from Nightwish to break it up a little,
Anyway’s please enjoy :grinning: and as usual all feedback is welcomed,
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/08/29/sleeping-sun/
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/08/29/dont-leave-me-on-my-own/
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/08/29/things-go-wrong/

9 Likes

Thank you very much Mac.

4 Likes

Wow Brian @TNKA36 you’ve been busy. I’ll give those a listen a bit later after I’m fully awake.

3 Likes

Things go wrong, but not with any of these covers @TNKA36 !

Great work all around.

4 Likes

Love the Nightwish cover. Great band. Excellent choice. Well played.

4 Likes

Great job on all @TNKA36 - Brian! Left comments on the website. Looks like you had a very busy day yesterday!!

4 Likes

Very nice Brian @TNKA36 on all three. I left comments on each one on the website.

You’re making me feel guilty, posting three at one time. I’ve been working on my next cover for two weeks now and only have the first verse memorized. I need to get crackin’! Thanks for the inspiration.

4 Likes

Same here. This one I’m doing is a lot harder than I thought.

4 Likes

Ditto: this one was the hardest to transcribe, it’s the most difficult to memorized, and the most challenging song I’ve ever played. It’s a very complex bassline that jumps all over the fretboard.
It’s the one I mentioned in our last Live Hang. I may be still working on it when we do our next Live Hang LOL.

4 Likes

I have been working on a cover of “Beer” by Reel Big Fish for 6 months…

5 Likes

Thanks Pam @PamPurrs , that’s what lockdown will do to you, not that i mind :grinning:
Thanks John @John_E , some thing’s do go wrong, that’s why we keep pushing each other to be better :+1:
Thanks @sfadams , i agree Nightwish are an awesome band, its a pity Sami has left the band and trying to decide with vocalist i prefer is really difficult as they are both really great.
Thanks Bill @Lanny , i really enjoy covering Chris’s song’s, they can take you to another place :grin:, without having any of those wildwood weeds :joy: you don’t even have to leave the farm with that stuff and still have a great holiday :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job on all three! Left comments on the website .

3 Likes

thanks Jerry @JerryP ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes