Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I recorded this a few weeks ago. Didn’t turn out too bad, as I’ve only tried playing it a few times. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/NPZUpPsOrX8

6 Likes

Nice tone. I few timing issues but overall a very nice effort. Keep it up! :+1:

Love the hat!

4 Likes

Also love the hat!
Good job on this.
A few blibs and blops but that is ok.
I think you knew the song better than you thought you did, I bet you could play more without looking at the sheet music.
That said, I am impressed on your ability to go back and forth form sheet to fretboard and not lose your place! That is a skill for sure!
Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Hi there @Retta75 ,
Nice to see you putting yourself out there :+1:
A few timing issues as already mentioned, the bass was very dominant in the mix, was very hard to hear the backing track.
Like your slides and the bass tone was good,
Keep up the good work, :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks. Sorry about the track. I usually use my 2i2 to make vids but I was testing something else at the time so I didn’t feel like hooking it all up LOL.

4 Likes

So, here is my take on Reel Big Fish–Beer. I messed up the video synch. It seems ok at first but is off by the time you get to the end. As usual, a few dropped notes and few spots where I got behind and then caught up, but I managed to nail all the runs I think. Took me about 3 weeks to get this to where it is now. Still room for improvement, but I want to move on with other things and have been neglecting my B2B course and 50 song challenge.

https://youtu.be/q_mO4Oza_9w

P.S. Sorry for the bad camera angle, which demonstrates that I enjoy the subject of the song a little much.

10 Likes

Dang that was good @Old_WannaBe
Some seriously fancy plucking there, noticed the nice rakes too.
Your fretting hand must be ready for a Beer.
Cool slides, and cool fret dancing for sure.
Ejoyed it so much I really didn’t notice the timing issues.
Great job!

4 Likes

Nice job @Old_WannaBe ,
some fine fret work and plucking work, makes me feel like havin a beer,
Enjoy yours after that,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job @Retta75 ! Keep 'em coming!
:+1:

3 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe ! Normally I’d be grabbing for a beer after a song like that, but it’s 5am.

3 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe … and especially the song selection as I LOVE that song!! I had never heard that band’s version; only version I had heard was by Corey Morrow.

3 Likes

Awesome job @Retta75. Love the “mood lighting” in the studio!

5 Likes

Damnit…you know you are old when people are doing covers of sonfs that came out when you were 15 and you have never heard of them before

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m working on getting some other kind of lighting because the cats keep pulling down the LED strings LOL. So I gotta find another alternative.

5 Likes

My cover of Proud Mary (CCR), complete with COVID hair and the daggy swaying of a middle aged lady! :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1GoKg5Sa3c

15 Likes

Very nicely done @Bassdacious . You put out a nice tone, and wasn’t able to detect any timing errors. Great job! :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Nice job @Bassdacious ,
Nice tone and great mix with backing track.
You were right in the pocket, very smooth :sunglasses:
keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice! Really smooth on the transition fills or walk up/walk downs, whatever you want to call them.

6 Likes

this was great @Bassdacious !!
great timing!

5 Likes

Great cover @Bassdacious ! Perfect timing. Great job!

5 Likes