Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That I know but on the zoom the half doesn’t seem to add much of that.

3 Likes

Nice work @JerryP; really enjoyed it! Hope the HI work is going well.

4 Likes

VERY nicely played, Jerry @JerryP . . . :+1:

I especially liked the tone settings you were using!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Thanks @JDDaniel & @Jazzbass19 !
Hawaii work going along fine so far.

3 Likes

Love Pink Floyd great job @John_E. Are you favoring the bridge pickup?or 50/50

2 Likes

Great tone @JerryP. I’m surprised that Ibanez has this vintage sound in them.

4 Likes

Great job as usual @JerryP!
Is that the Bass you just bought in Hawai? I don’t remember it being a burst!

4 Likes

100% neck, 50% bridge, 50% tone, but had a lot of sweetening on the VT Bass DI too.

6 Likes

That’s quite a pickup. It’s naturally spunky. Your right hand is definitely spot on for the haunting tone. Love it.

Also love the restraint to not over do the vibrato, believe me it’s difficult not to just shake it every ending note, lol.

2 Likes

I loved that @JerryP - as the others have said, that tone is just great with that song and your Ibby looks great too. :fire::guitar:

3 Likes

Great cover @JerryP . As everyone has said the tone on the Ibanez is outstanding. I’m going to have to investigate that setting on the Zoom . I don’t think I’ve ever got that far up the list.

3 Likes

Thank you @Al1885 , @RuknRole , @Bassdacious , @Mac ! Here is the setup for that tone:

Treble Boost - 0%
Mid Boost - 0%
Bass Boost - 75%
Power Tap Switch - Tap
Pickup Balancer - Midway
Master Volume - 90%

Zoom B1 Four - Factory Patch #47 SVT Half Cab
Scarlett 2i2 DAI
Reaper DAW with VST ReaComp (Cockos)

Yes, it is.

5 Likes

Nice job Jerry @JerryP ,
Love the tone in the mix, very relaxed playing,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Many thanks, Brian.

3 Likes

That tone was perfect for that song. Good job!

3 Likes

Thank you @EddieJones !

2 Likes

As they say, if you shake it more than three times, you’re playing with it :smiley:
Oh, wait, that’s not bass…

2 Likes

Good job @JerryP . I love the tone of the Ibanez with the Zoom effect.
I vaguely recall hearing that song when I was young, you did a great cover of it.

3 Likes

Thank you Pam! It wasn’t as popular as some of the other Monkees songs, but I liked it.

3 Likes

I became a huge KISS fan in 5th grade when a friend of mine showed me the Destroyer album cover. It was the first I had heard (or seen) of them.
They instantly became my favorite band as a kid.

47 years ago today KISS released their third album, Dressed to Kill, and with it their first gigantic hit “Rock and Roll All Nite”.

My favorite tune from that album though was a song called “She”.
It is one of the first tunes I learned all the way through and finally recording it.
This one is all P pickup, treble up about 30%.
I also used the DG B7K for some EQ and clangy, grunty goodness.
But I tried something else for the first time.
I was getting a really nice clangy top end out of the normal line out but did not like the bottom end, just wasn’t full.
So…
I recorded the bass on two tracks, one from the regular line out and through the B|AMP, and another through the XLR out on the B7K. After playing a bit with the sims, I ended up using the Forrester 4x10 cab sim with Bitey mic. This added a really full bottom end. And now I can finally appreciate what cab sims can do in a mix @howard.
There is a break in the song where you can really hear the tone towards the end.

Sorry for the lighting, not sure what happened there.

https://youtu.be/koi-8t6bDO0

19 Likes