Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I…certainly hope so…I don’t want to break my Bass o.0. I was gonna check it, for sure…either through the clamp tuner or a app. I don’t quite trust apps…so I’ll definitely do that before I post anymore covers! ;3.

2 Likes

I’ve been in your shoes, I get the anxiety. A year ago I would have paid someone to change my strings. Now, I’m changing my own pickups. It’s an amazing journey you’re on, and where you’ll be in a year is light years from where you are today.

So believe me when I say you won’t hurt your basss tuning the strings. The worst that will happen is you will break a string, and that takes some doing (don’t ask how I know).

Basses are solid. Tuning should be done before every session. You got this.

2 Likes

That was great John! To me, it had that '50’s swing of the original and the tone was excellent.
:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Great first attempt @cobaltblue13 ! Keep up the good work!
:+1:

2 Likes

Greenie is back for a concise dark country/blues tune :

Hans Deville - The Baptist

The original song doesn’t have any bass line, so I added mine with that good’ol Greenie (with the foam block), straight into the Bass POD Pro with my usual settings (SVT-VR). It’s a pretty raw cover, but I think that’s what the style of the song asks for.

16 Likes

Very nice, Laurent @terb . . . :+1:

Has a dark, mysterious tone . . . you did a great job in fitting the bassline to the song!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Awesome tune and nice bass line. Fit perfectly.

3 Likes

Very swampy bass line Laurent @terb ,
your bass tone worked really nicely in the mix,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

That’s a really cool song, and you did the bass perfectly. I really enjoyed listening to it.

3 Likes

Greenie is perfect for that song. The improvised bassline worked well, I think it added a lot.

Also, another fine hat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how to do that, when most of the notes are on one string, so I mostly relied on my one finger. I did notice that I switched to my middle almost on instinct, I ‘was’ using my pointer, not sure why I went to middle, that I did like unconsciously, lol. But I would like to do that…definitely =3

2 Likes

@terb has some cool basses and backgrounds!

3 Likes

Is @terb really next to the river? I’m so far gone down the internet, I don’t know what’s real or digital anymore.

Really liked that tune.

4 Likes

Hi @cobaltblue13 ,
Have a look at my link to my covers and you will see what I mean by using one finger per fret.
Check out a few different covers I’ve done if you like.
As you progress it provides for more economical playing especially on faster songs, it just takes a lot of practice.
You should also have a look on YouTube at the spider exercise, this can also assist in developing finger strength, again with practice :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

This one uses all 4 fingers across the frets,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Would definitely recommend something like the online course here, or some other instruction. It’s important to use multiple (and ideally all) of your fingers for fretting, even on the same string :slight_smile:

Using just one finger at a time is going to lead to a hard time. Not impossible, but much more limiting.

5 Likes

I’ll check em out for sure =3

1 Like

Okay now you lost me…how do you put multiple fingers on one fret? O.o. I thought you just have to have it behind to make the note?..won’t more than one like not make it play?

1 Like

I didn’t say that - I said that even on the same string, you should be using more than just one finger to fret, if you are fretting a note and the next note is in a different fret. For example, if you are fretting a G on the E string and the next note is the A on the E string. Your choice here is to either make a shift and use the same finger, or just use your pinky or ring finger, and not shift. It’s the latter skill that is important to work on. Economy of motion becomes important as the songs become faster or more complex.

4 Likes

yes, the river is called the Yonne :

3 Likes