Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great job @JerryP - well done indeed. I am working on the same song but the version by Madcon. It is a finger workout in spots. Maneskin won Eurovision this year (I think it was this year anyway). They are a bit of a saucy Italian band :joy:. Bravo to you Sir.

4 Likes

Looks good too. Love the color.

Nice work Jerry!

4 Likes

Thank you @terb , @Bassdacious & @howard !
The 'Ray seemed to fit the best when I was trying to find the right tone.

2 Likes

Well played and welcome home @JerryP!
Ray sounds and looks great.
I think your niece will love it!

3 Likes

Great song, good cover! I like the no page turn set up.

3 Likes

Yeah, easy to doā€¦ long piece of cardboard and some strong paper clips. I can get up to six sheets on the stand.

2 Likes

Nice work Jerry @JerryP ,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Very nice @JerryP. Didnā€™t spot your flubs, put it that way!

Enjoy Bahrain.

2 Likes

Nice cover - I didnā€™t hear any flubs. :+1:

The song is actually an old (1967) Four Seasons song, although Maneskinā€™s ( MĆ„neskin, actually) version is barely recognizable.

I actually got to see MĆ„neskin a couple of weeks ago in Las Vegas - they opened for the Rolling Stones. Very impressive, especially considering that the oldest member of the band is 22 and they had never played a stadium before.

4 Likes

Really small ones if so. Didnā€™t notice them. Good job @JerryP!

2 Likes

Thank you @TNKA36 Brian, @sfadams , @spidey9 & @thomas .

Yeah, when I first looked it up, it cane up with the Four Seasons. After checking with my niece, I found out it was Maneskin she was listening to.

3 Likes

Cool cover. Iā€™m looking at doing Ziiti E Buoni by Maneskin covered by Russian band.

2 Likes

Another AC/DC cover: ā€˜Shot in the darkā€™ from 2020 album ā€˜Power upā€™. I love their stuff!!!

I have put some funds in my recording equipment since the ā€œHells Bellsā€ cover. Tech21 Preamp/DI into Presonus 24c audio interface. Very easy and comfortable way to get the cover on tape . :smiley:

https://youtu.be/FJ1M7j_cnI8

12 Likes

very nice cover @thomas ! I love AC/DC too. you played the song quite well, with a very nice and appropriate tone. and also with style :sunglasses:

7 Likes

:metal:

6 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Started covering some Hal Leonard First 50 songs, hereā€™s my attempt at Creep. My first song with 16th notes and hammer-ons. Far from perfect, but didnā€™t want to leave my November practice diary empty, so here it is. :slight_smile: Constructive criticism welcome as always.

https://youtu.be/vFeT3LREzIA

11 Likes

Great job @Thomas ! Well played the hat and glasses make the video!
:+1:

3 Likes

thatā€™s a nice cover @akos ! itā€™s not easy to introduce new things when you play an instrument, but you did quite well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounded fantastic @akos ! I donā€™t know the song but you were spot on and the Lakland has great tone. I enjoyed listening.
:+1:

2 Likes