Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very tight and very professional @howard .
The bar here just gets higher and higher.

4 Likes

Great video @PamPurrs thatā€™s great music and great video. Happy new year.

4 Likes

Thanks @terb for the count. Letā€™s grow that list this year.

5 Likes

Bring back a good high school memory. My buddy was really a big fan of this genre. Well done. I couldnā€™t tell itā€™s ā€œhomemadeā€™.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks Mac!

I wouldnā€™t worry about the bar here. This kind of thing is something I have been doing in one way or another a long, long time. Mostly I am sad about the opportunity I missed with the 25+ year break I took from it. I look at all of this as learning and practice and catch-up to the modern world. And I still have a long way to go to get to what I want.

5 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s just crazy. Almost one a day on average.

6 Likes

Iā€™m certainly hearing you about what could have been 25+ years ago if things had gone in a different direction. Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™d have been up there with the best of the post punk band and Iā€™d have hopefully been making a living in the Quo cover band I tried so hard to keep going after the discovery of sex,drugs and motorcycles :joy:

7 Likes

Those words could have come from my very own mouth, @howard , except youā€™d have to change ā€œ25ā€ to ā€œ40ā€ . . . :frowning:

I am so far behind some of you folks technically, itā€™s not even funny.

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

And Iā€™m hearing YOU, @Mac . . . :wink: {lol}

Except for the ā€œmotorcyclesā€ part . . . :roll_eyes: Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve always wanted to do, but didnā€™t get out there and take that first plunge.

Cheers and wishing you many more miles out there, mate.
Joe

5 Likes

I think with hindsight we all rue about how we could have done things but in the end the only thing that matters is what we do moving forward, and making music of any kind is a good place to start.

5 Likes

Back at you Joe @Jazzbass19

5 Likes

okay so this is my last Silk Sonic cover promise. I didnā€™t do a full video yet as I am still transcribing one of the fills in this song so here is the audio of my first recording of the tune just for the fun of it. My bass teach Damian Erskine recommended this band to me to transcribe because of the great timing, funk grooves etc. I played this using the right hand techniques found in Damianā€™s book Right Hand Drive. Hope you all enjoy
https://youtu.be/INg0Kx9Fefc

9 Likes

Hey I love the teaser trailer :+1:. Canā€™t wait for the final video!

4 Likes

if youā€™re interested, for partial/incomplete covers, there is this other thread : Post your practice fragments!

8 Likes

No hardrock today! :smile:

Bass cover of Amy Winehouseā€™ great song Back to Black
It gave me a hard time to make the bass sound a little bit smooth and mellow to meet the original sound. Comments welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9iMdHuHyk

17 Likes

Nicely done @thomas , very good tone and timing. I love that song by Amy (RIP) and you did it justice.
As a side note: casting your shadow on the wall behind you is a very interesting video effect. Good job on that also.

6 Likes

Great job @Thomas.
love the back to black great vibe.

5 Likes

Very Nice!

5 Likes

well done @thomas
Big Amy fan, two of her albums on my wall oā€™ fame.
You did a great job and I still love love that bass.

5 Likes

Nice work @LesterH !

4 Likes