Post your covers! (2019-2022)

th-2942804330

Comments welcomed.

16 Likes

great cover as usual @JerryP ! and also an excellent and very appropriate punchy fat tone

5 Likes

Hey, Joan Jett! I was actually listening to her the other day. Nice work.

3 Likes

Great everything @JerryP
Love the tone, you have really mastered all the tone stuff lately.
Bass looks great, don’t remember that one in a video.
Nice video production too!!!
The Joan video is a bit out of sync but a lot of the old ones seem to be on YouTube anyway, lol.

3 Likes

Thank you @terb Laurent! I was hoping the tone was appropriate for this song.

Thanks @howard !

Thanks @John_E ! I don’t use the Stingray that much but when I was trying to find the right tone for this, the 'Ray turned out to be the best.
I played with the JJ video, but no matter what I did, it was always a bit off. That was the best I could do with it.

Here is the setup:
Stingray → Zoom B1Four AMPEG SVT 8x10 → Scarlett 2i2-> Reaper with CLA76 Compressor → CLA Echosphere using ‘The Bar’ preset plugins. Mixed it a little hot.

Thanks again for listening!

4 Likes

it is, no doubt ! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s definitely a SVT kind of song :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Had same problem with an old KISS video

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this @floyderama, big Bowie bassist fan too, great job!

Really similar background, just add 10 years. The first 2 years i kicked butt on guitar, after that i never really quit, but lost focus and just kind of flatlined. Loving the bass, focused and excited about music again.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the course. Keep the covers coming, this rocked :metal:

5 Likes

Loved it @JerryP ! Great tone and playing, and cool bass too. Joan Jett is a badass, and she still got it, touring hard these days.l

5 Likes

Great cover as always @JerryP. Still missing the neon strings on the Aerodyne in the background.

4 Likes

@dlamson13 what percentage of the forum will get the Bubbles reference? Even if it’s a joke for one I appreciated it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@JerryP I really really like that tone. Sweet cover. So, you’re saying I need a Music Man as well as a P Bass? You make a convincing case.

Plus multiple camera angles! You guys are stepping up the game :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great Bowie cover @floyderama . I’m sure the wrist angle thing will come with practice. You were definitely “in the pocket “

4 Likes

Very tight cover @JerryP . The MM certainly suits you sir!
I’ve been tinkering with this tune for a week or two and cannot get it anywhere near as well played as you have

4 Likes

@dlamson13 @Mac thanks, guys!

4 Likes

Thank you @dlamson13 !
Thanks @AnotherJosh ! I left the neon strings in Florida. :rofl:
Thanks @Barney !
Thanks @Mac !

Everyone’s comments are much appreciated.

4 Likes

Probably a good idea @JerryP, I think you made the right decision :wink:

3 Likes

I knew someone here would enjoy that little Easter Egg, glad it was you :laughing:

3 Likes

Here’s my cover of Dreaming of You by the Coral. If anyone has seen Scrubs, you probably know this song!

This was my first time trying to learn/cover a song outside the 50 songs list (which I will get back to soon) so I was a worried at first that this would be outside my skill level. And it was! But that’s what learning is for.

I had a little trouble with Autosyncing with DaVinci so apologies if it’s not 100% NSync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0SuH-zhcPk

And here’s the original, if you’re unfamiliar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXt723fN1ss

12 Likes