Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@TNKA36 - I tried to practice reading and there are a few symbols I don’t know, but what I really am wondering about is that “To CODA”.
Is this just because you already written the solo in the sheet and it continues at “CODA” after the repitition? When do you play the solo?

3 Likes

I still listen to “Still In Hollywood” pretty often :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
You play through the verse and the chorus twice then play the solo and where it has the d: S al coda written below the coda you go back up and play 8 bars and then chorus again through to coda and then drop down to last 4 bars to end.
If you listen to the original recording you can follow it pretty easy.
Did you try the other song Green Limousine by the Badloves ?
All my songs were written by my old music teacher who was the bass player in the Badloves.
He wrote and played it on the album, if you like it the album is called “ get on board”.
He has a nice melodic style.
He has played with artists here in Australia like
Joe Camaleri and the black sorrows, Daryl Braithwaite, Weddings parties anything, and a great female artist named Cyndi Boste. The album he plays on with her is called foothill dandy and I have a lot of those songs charted.
If you listen to her stuff and like it I can send you some of her charted songs.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @howard,
I love concrete blonde, johnette is awesome.
Have seen them live twice once at Henry Fonda theatre in LA and once in Melbourne.
I have quite a few of their songs charted, if you can read music I can send you some.
I don’t have still in Hollywood ?
Dance along the edge, sun, scene of the perfect crime, hey coyote to name a few.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @terb,
I wish I could write as good as that.
The chart was done by my old music teacher.
It looks like artwork, I love the way he writes the charts.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @juli0r,
Here are the music terminology for d s al coda

4 Likes

Good info to keep the meaning fresh, cuz I know it’s something I would forget next month
Thanks @TNKA36

2 Likes

It’s my favorite song of theirs, linked it here:

2 Likes

Hi @howard,
Where are you in the world?
Cheers

2 Likes

Me? Japan.

2 Likes

That explains the similar time zone @howard,
What’s the weather like up there?

2 Likes

Oh hey, I hadn’t noticed you were in APAC too. Sweet!

21C and overcast/muggy today. Probably nice fall weather for you I imagine?

1 Like

Today in Melbourne,
Rain and temp around 16 c
Hopefully we see an easing in the lock down from Monday ?
Have you completed the 16 modules in the course

2 Likes

Yep, finished the course around a year ago I think? Still sticking around for the great folks here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am up to module 7, working my way through.
I haven’t had any difficulty to this point but am enjoying the structure of the program

3 Likes

It’s a great course! I actually got a lot out of the later modules.

3 Likes

Cool can’t wait to get through it👍

3 Likes

@joergkutter That was so awesome! :exploding_head: Thanks for reposting!

4 Likes

Glad you liked it, @Courtney_Vtown :smile:

Now, I am sure, @terb (who started this thread) is looking forward to seeing your cover here!!

5 Likes

sure :grin:

3 Likes