Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @juli0r… I’ll post a follow up to the “CHALLENGE” thread in the LOUNGE later.

As for that look at the end… well, I certainly was relieved it was over! Not that it was hard note wise, but it was “draining” physically… I’ve played guitar all my life and have never felt the exertion that has taken place in my hands and fingers as I have playing the bass line for this song. Playing guitar is so much easier… at least for me… but, playing bass is so much more rewarding…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

Thanks @terb… Almost like playing guitar on a bass…

1 Like

Great Job @BassFaceDisgrace, I need to find a song to cover, I keep bouncing around between songs I like but never finish one because
1, practice is structured with many excercises for rythem, fingers, scales and fretboard, and masrering a few techniques.
And
2, the one you busted here for sure, lack of equipment to make a recording.

But I know will add , pick a song to learn all the way thry( It would be “Take the power back, but there is one fill I just can’t get the timing right on)
And add it to my practice routine.

Hmmm… what to pick. Will get back to that one.

Hey @Lanny.
Challenged SMASHED.
GREAT JOB
Way to stick it to the youngsters. Haha

4 Likes

I’m so glad I tried it. I think having the TV and amp across the room was a big help in getting it to sound decent. If you listen to it on better speakers than a cell phone or tablet you can hear it overpowering the phone mic… but for purposes of sharing here it worked really well.

2 Likes

Yeah, the TV here is on the wall, a bit higher, the speakers will be right in my ear, so maybe???

I have time to figure it out, gotta learn a song first.

I been working on the entro to NIB, but that will take a while, so I need to put a pin in that one and find something else I can get thru.
Or just work on that one fill in Take the power Back, til my hand bleeds. Lol

I’ve got ONE dog… :dog:
I’ve got ONE wife… :woman_red_haired:
I’m down to ONE house… :house_with_garden:
I have ONE truck… :truck:

Since I have THREE bass’s… :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

I typically have at least three songs :musical_score: :musical_note: :notes: at a time that I’m working on. That way when I get bored with one, I just work on another…

Based on my analogy, and given your case extreme case of MULTIPLE BASS DISORDER (MBD) @T_dub, you should be working on at least an ALBUM’S :cd: :cd: :cd: worth cover songs… :rofl: :rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Hahaha, yeah, probably right.
I do however, spend a lot of time on rythem excercises, technique excercises and fretboard memorization, scales, modes and general music theory.
I have recognized the need for practice thru excercises and more practice thru learning and playing songs.
There are some I play often, over and over which has become more excercises for timing and technique,
But yeah, I want to start working on actual songs, so future projects to come. Just don’t know what as of yet.

3 Likes

Nailed it! Respect.

2 Likes

hehehhe

10 Likes

This isn’t a cover but the reason I want to learn the bass is to play my own material, I’ve only been playing since March but here are a couple of recordings I’ve done.

5 Likes
6 Likes

That’s cool!
I am interested in all your stuff. I gotta go to sleep though so I’m watching it tomorrow.
FYI: There is also a thread to Post your original songs/compositions!

2 Likes

thank you…maybe that would have been a better place for these…I have to play the ultimate new guy card in my defense

6 Likes

No worries, just keep posting, these are great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that’s great @creepymcpeepers , your panda mask is a bit … creepy … works well for a Slipknot cover for sure ! also nice playing ! about your tone, could you say what’s in your signal chain ?

4 Likes

Good method to keep your face hidden and as @terb said a bit creepy. For Slipknot it works though. Nice cover and I’m also interested in the way you create the tone.

5 Likes

Reminds me of that “Masked Singer” show my wife watches occasionally.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wearing Face Masks (or not) for Covid-19

Folks, I understand and share your concerns about wearing face masks, but we are drifting way off topic here . . .

I will start a thread in The Lounge about this.

Please add your comments there.

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

I was just gonna apologize for the turn from topic and suggest talking about it elsewhere.

2 Likes