Post your covers! (2019-2022)

thank you…maybe that would have been a better place for these…I have to play the ultimate new guy card in my defense

6 Likes

No worries, just keep posting, these are great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that’s great @creepymcpeepers , your panda mask is a bit … creepy … works well for a Slipknot cover for sure ! also nice playing ! about your tone, could you say what’s in your signal chain ?

4 Likes

Good method to keep your face hidden and as @terb said a bit creepy. For Slipknot it works though. Nice cover and I’m also interested in the way you create the tone.

5 Likes

Reminds me of that “Masked Singer” show my wife watches occasionally.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wearing Face Masks (or not) for Covid-19

Folks, I understand and share your concerns about wearing face masks, but we are drifting way off topic here . . .

I will start a thread in The Lounge about this.

Please add your comments there.

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

I was just gonna apologize for the turn from topic and suggest talking about it elsewhere.

2 Likes

now you will have to record a cover to be forgiven :grin:

7 Likes

Ok, does Mary has a little lamb count?

I am working on one at the moment, but it’s a big project and long song. Maybe I will just do the intro, but gotta wait for my hand pain to settle down, I over did it on that song, about 4-5 hours a day for a few nights in a row, ended up with dead thumb

1 Like

I think it’s better to wait a bit longer and record/share the whole song :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do vocal covers count?

I’m working on one :slight_smile: Binge-trained it yesterday and got a 1000 points more in ultrastar for hitting more of the correct notes :smiley:

no, we will try to keep this thread centered on the bass :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Intro is a bass solo of decent length

Well. People will probably get mad at me for this but I have a darkglass alpha omega ultra and it’s in the fx loop and then a sans amp preamp in the front of the amp and then the output from the amp goes to the interface and the output from the darkglass goes to the interface then the malekko bassmaster octave fuzz and a darkglass hyperluminal and I dont know if I’m supposed to do it that way I’m just experimenting with hooking all of this stuff together and stuff so maybe it’s not good

7 Likes

If it works, it’s good :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I seem to remember from some other thread that @PamPurrs and @terb have their birthdays around this time of the year… Maybe there are others as well!?!

Anyway, here is a little “flash cover” I threw together using some (weird) jazz reharmonisation and the rhythm group you get with iReal Pro (Mac) and played the melody on top. It doesn’t really swing very hard…, but, hey, Happy Birthday!! :joy:

10 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter my birthday is June 30.

Odd that you posted this, I’ve been working up and practicing a nice rendition of Happy Birthday for a solo I have to do at a birthday party for my Sara on August 15. I’m playing it in Key of F. What key is yours in?

6 Likes

Uh, yeah, I had been wanting to do something like that for a while and was playing around with getting the chords into iReal Pro (not doing a too good job yet) and remembered that you guys had talked about your birthdays… I am testing stuff for my wife’s birthday in October; she’ll turn 50 :smile:

I think this one is in D.

5 Likes

I started out in G, but everyone at TalkingBass Study group tells me most bands play it in F. I switched to F just in case the band wants to jump in after I do my solo. (Yes, I am playing it with the band at her party).

6 Likes