Post your covers! (2019-2022)

than you all very much for your comments ! really appreciate

yeah it’s somewhere in the frontier between folk and country I guess.

yeah it’s an heritage from my guitar playing, and especially playing with overdrive which makes absolutly mandatory to mute every string that is not played at a given time. it became some kind of reflex, it’s very natural for me and it’s fully integrated in my playing : I always mute everything except the string(s) I’m playing. the thumb position allow me to mute the E string. some players will use the thumb to fret on the E string but I don’t do that, it’s only for muting. also I always change my thumb position while playing : if I need more amplitude on my fingers I bring the thumb in the more accademic position :grin:

6 Likes

@sfadams

My 3 SS: I started with a Squire Jaguar, added a Gretsch Jr Jet and most recently got a Sterling Stingray. Love the Jag, I had the stock pickups swapped out for EMG Geezers and then added flats. Also love my new Stingray with rounds, so it looks like the Gretsch is seeing less love lately!

7 Likes

First time posting a cover, so please be gentle. Not sure if this will get blocked on youtube. Probably could have done a better job with a few more takes…
Also, just recording video and sound on iphone, with the song playing from youtube on ipad through my bass amp, along with the bass
https://youtu.be/wI0ON8jSIyk

16 Likes

Hi @Jack667,
Nice job, you have nailed all the fret positions for the song.
You nailed the triple on 5th fret A on the E string, just a few timing issues with the rest.
At least you are prepared to put yourself out there.
You should be proud of your effort, I am :+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thx, BSE! I know I fell behind and sped up, so yeah… At least it’s a start! :slight_smile:
Appreciate the input and the encouragement!!

5 Likes

I am too :+1:

That sentiment usually isn’t going to change after another few takes so again - good job on putting something out here.

Long version in this thread: YouTube Copyright Issues
Short version: You could try vimeo.com instead as it is less likely that your covers are taken down

4 Likes

@Jack667

You went old school on us…
I like it :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Jack667 that’s brilliant, very well done. JB was my total bass hero
Jamie

4 Likes

Thanks for showing these, @lee_editorial. They are all beauties!

4 Likes

Well done on your first cover posting. A very good play-through of a classic.

5 Likes

Thx Lee, SF, Jamie, and Juli0r!

5 Likes

Nice job @Jack667 :+1:
Looked at the tab for that briefly and it ain’t easy.
Stupid question… how do you plug your iPad and bass into your amp? I haven’t got a clue and would like to have a go

4 Likes

Good job @Jack667! Great song selection for your first effort.

4 Likes

Thx Jerry and Mac. My MarkBass amp has a headphone-jack style aux input, so I can use a regular headphone male-male cord to patch it in. I can provide a pic if that would help.

5 Likes

Thank you and a picture would be cool please. I’m really quite technologically challenged lol

4 Likes

Sure thing!! Let me know if that helps!

7 Likes

congratulations for this first cover ! that was cool, I really like Cream and your recording configuration with the iphone and ipad plugged into the amp let hear your bass line pretty clearly

:+1:

8 Likes

Thanks @Jack667 :+1:

I’ve a different set up on my amp and the manual I downloaded doesn’t cover anything like this facia plate! Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

3 Likes

from what I see, your amp doesn’t look like it has an Aux input.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking @terb :thinking:

4 Likes