Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @JerryP,
Appreciate the positive feedback👍
At the next hang, can you give us an update on the recording platform, that you have been mucking around with, I have viewed the conversations on the forum👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job for your first cover @akos,
Smooth fingering technique on both hands, you looked relaxed👍
Enjoyed it, great cover from a classic Aussie band😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Glad you asked! I just finished “mucking around” with it and I am going to do some recording tomorrow when I get home from work. It’s getting late here on the east coast (well late for me anyway).

4 Likes

3 great covers and hard acts to follow for sure . Goizz this takes me back to the “ must try harder “ comments on my school report card :scream:

5 Likes

wow, impressive ! :flushed:

ha yes, good idea :joy:

thanks guys !

5 Likes

hey @akos, nice song choice :v::grin: and your plucking techniques looks pretty fine. about the things you can improve, you have an obvious tuning issue. you might be interessed to know that old AC/DC (and other bands of this era) songs are often not tuned in A-440 because of the 70’s recording consoles. Highway To Hell is tuned in A-430 which is pretty far from A-440 and which is absolutly not compatible with a standard tuning.

when I recorded my AC/DC cover last year, I had to use a pitchshifter on the original track to get it back to A-440. the other option would have been to tune the bass like the song, obvioulsy.

for reference, here are the tuning frequencies of various AC/DC classic songs : Fréquence d'accordage ac/dc studio. sur le forum Musique - 31-05-2010 22:59:45 - jeuxvideo.com

10 Likes

Hey @terb,
Would be ok if the link was in English?
:joy: :rofl: :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

the songs titles are in english, that’s enough I guess :joy:

7 Likes

Bravo, says me. I don’t know what the live bass parts are like, but after this, I don’t need to hear them. Your part is spot on.

7 Likes

thank you @Gio !

4 Likes

Thanks @terb, I had no idea… You could tell just by ear? I can’t tell an octave from a potato. :frowning:

Just checked and my clip-on tuner only goes from A436 to A445, so I guess I’ll go with the pitch shifter next time. Also had a look at that link with the various A frequencies for the songs… Wow. Confusing as hell.

5 Likes

I can tell that you’re off-tuning, yes, this is really obviously … but of course I can’t determine by ear that the song is exactly in A-430 !

for this case, the pitch shifter is by far the best solution, in my opinion. I think that you can find a version of the song already corrected to A-440 which would make all this thing way easier.

6 Likes

I will check it out again @terb
Cheers Brian

1 Like

@TNKA36 or even Scottish :rofl:
Jamie

2 Likes

OK BassBuzzers…
Here’s my latest cover, this time with me in it. I used a MacBook, OSB and then iMovie to add the title at the end. I hope you all enjoy it.

14 Likes

@JerryP well done really sounds great the whole audio visual is also most excellent
Jamie

4 Likes

Great cover Jerry,
I really enjoyed your relaxed playing style and the great tone from the bass.
You picked a great song to cover, The Eagles where a great band, and the bass track Demonstrates Randy Meisner’s Smooth work during his time with the band👍
You have the recording, mixing and syncing down pretty good as well :sunglasses: for your first full recording, you looked like you enjoyed yourself, can’t wait to see the next one​:+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@TNKA36

Nice job Brian! Not sure how long you’ve been playing since you said its your first posted cover. Sounds good to me, and impressive that you barely look at your fretting hand. (Im still pretty much locked into watching my fretting and still trying to figure out my pinky with a mind of its own!) You were grooving enough that you would no doubt look fine up on stage making eye contact with an audience. So we will expect to see footage of you with a full band soon!

6 Likes

Hi @lee_editorial,
I think your referring to Jerry’s cover🤔 on this occasion?
I do have a lot of covers on the forum, so not sure if you are referring to one of mine? Or you watched @JerryP cover?
And I agree Jerry looked relaxed👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

That’s an awesome cover @JerryP. Very chilled

4 Likes