Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks!

3 Likes

Bucket list. Course, I need to get back into surfing shape before I go to Hawaii. My goal is by next summer, I just need the COVID to be over, so I can go to the gym and use the machines I NEED to get my legs back to working.

I was on track for this summer, but Covid hit, and my progress was lost, I was HIT hard by Covid and never got the sickness.

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP,
I’m not familiar with the tv show :thinking:, your playing and recording is really improving :+1:
All the timing changes etc and getting around the neck show you more comfortable and relaxed when you playing, I really enjoyed watching, can’t wait for the next cover.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

No Hawaii 5-0 down under Brian?

3 Likes

Thanks Brian! I have to work more on the video production. There is only so much time in the day and I don’t want to take away from practice time to fool with the video. I’ve been using OBS software for recording so I haven’t done the syncing of audio and video using Garage Band. I want to try that next time.
Thanks again!

5 Likes

Here’s a quick and dirty bass cover of REM’s ‘The One I Love’. Hope it stays up and hope you like it:

https://youtu.be/h-GejJOEBY0

11 Likes

that’s nice @sfadams , not the easiest bass line and you seem to really enjoy playing this song, I like this :grin:

also what’s cool is that you could use this song to improve your timing, because there are a lot of accents everywhere

6 Likes

Good job @sfadams. Enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Great cover @sfadams,
Nice tone from the Warwick, liked your vocals while playing, not easy to play and sing and stay in time.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice cover @sfadams :+1:
Reckon I saw a bit of bass face sneaking in there as you got into the song

5 Likes

Nice cover, great tone from the Streamer!

4 Likes

@howard, @terb, @Mac, @TNKA36, @JerryP
Thanks so much guys. Glad you enjoyed it. I might try for more frequent covers now that I’ve figured out a decent signal chain and camera position (well, it still caught my double-chin, but you can’t have everything!)

5 Likes

Great cover @sfadams! Love the tone and the angle of the camera and the variations in note timing make for a somewhat challenging song to play. Could tell that you were into it given the sporadic lip syncing to the song😁… Loved it. Keep ‘em coming! Certainly great to see what you, @JerryP, and @TNKA36 (along with several others I have seen here) have put together. It’s really cool to watch everyone challenge themselves and hear everyone get better with skill and cover comfort level as they progress. It’s as if the cover thread is a course of it’s own…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Thank you for watching and for your kind words @Lanny. Really glad you enjoyed it. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

great job…like that bass too…I used to play this in clubs on guitar, drummer would be drinking used to try and rocket through and me and the bass player trying to reign him in. Ended up moving it to the first set so he pay more attention…thanks for the cover and stepping me down memory lane. Really like the look and sound of that bass too.

4 Likes

Dude that was awesome, and got some killer gear too. Great tone. When I was doing the bar thing you couldn’t find a bass player anywhere and when you did you were either sharing them with five other bands or they were just guitar players who had a bass. Here all you guys sound band ready, got solid songs under your belt, and great gear too.

8 Likes

Thank you @Tokyo_Rat. Glad you liked it!

6 Likes

Here is another original bass line over a country song :cowboy_hat_face:

Charlie Parr - Ain’t No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down

I love this song and I love Charlie Parr, thanks to @Gio who shared this song on the dark country post. Of course there is no bass line at all on the album track, and it was not easy to play one because the tempo is floating all the time. But I tried anyway :grin:

Hardware-wise it’s the Bass POD (bean) with the DOD FX84 and more or less the same settings than my usual “almost clean” Ampeg SVT tone. I will certainly switch back to the Pro for the incoming covers, but it’s not necessary really : the bean Bass POD is totally viable for studio work in my opinion.

12 Likes

this was his set closer, usually.
So damn good.
He would give me goosebumps.
Cool bass version!

4 Likes

Most Excellent @terb!! Love that song! Great bass line and a great job! Tone and timing are right on target. Noticed the sponge under the strings at the bridge.

5 Likes