Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover @sfadams! Love the tone and the angle of the camera and the variations in note timing make for a somewhat challenging song to play. Could tell that you were into it given the sporadic lip syncing to the song😁… Loved it. Keep ‘em coming! Certainly great to see what you, @JerryP, and @TNKA36 (along with several others I have seen here) have put together. It’s really cool to watch everyone challenge themselves and hear everyone get better with skill and cover comfort level as they progress. It’s as if the cover thread is a course of it’s own…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Thank you for watching and for your kind words @Lanny. Really glad you enjoyed it. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

great job…like that bass too…I used to play this in clubs on guitar, drummer would be drinking used to try and rocket through and me and the bass player trying to reign him in. Ended up moving it to the first set so he pay more attention…thanks for the cover and stepping me down memory lane. Really like the look and sound of that bass too.

4 Likes

Dude that was awesome, and got some killer gear too. Great tone. When I was doing the bar thing you couldn’t find a bass player anywhere and when you did you were either sharing them with five other bands or they were just guitar players who had a bass. Here all you guys sound band ready, got solid songs under your belt, and great gear too.

8 Likes

Thank you @Tokyo_Rat. Glad you liked it!

6 Likes

Here is another original bass line over a country song :cowboy_hat_face:

Charlie Parr - Ain’t No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down

I love this song and I love Charlie Parr, thanks to @Gio who shared this song on the dark country post. Of course there is no bass line at all on the album track, and it was not easy to play one because the tempo is floating all the time. But I tried anyway :grin:

Hardware-wise it’s the Bass POD (bean) with the DOD FX84 and more or less the same settings than my usual “almost clean” Ampeg SVT tone. I will certainly switch back to the Pro for the incoming covers, but it’s not necessary really : the bean Bass POD is totally viable for studio work in my opinion.

12 Likes

this was his set closer, usually.
So damn good.
He would give me goosebumps.
Cool bass version!

4 Likes

Most Excellent @terb!! Love that song! Great bass line and a great job! Tone and timing are right on target. Noticed the sponge under the strings at the bridge.

5 Likes

Good one @terb! Enjoyed it a lot.

3 Likes

thank you guys :v::cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Nice to see you engaging in some fine finger work @terb,
Not familiar with the song but as usual nice tones :+1:
I guess you just “SLAYERed” it​:sunglasses::grin:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice job @terb :+1:

3 Likes

I can’t get any volume? Possible it is me tho, can anybody else hear it?

1 Like

nope I am having the same issues let me get it sorted out lol

3 Likes

I’m not getting any volume either
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Sorry all I will get it back up soon I have to use a different platform

3 Likes

that’s strange ! probably an issue with Youtube … does it work if I upload it to MP4 format ? :

1 Like

Sorry, it was not your post, it was @LesterH who posted, then retracted.
yours we can see.

3 Likes

Nice shirt BTW :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @terb,
It wasn’t your cover that had issues👍
Yours was really cool :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes