Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Super well done, very cool.

5 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

5 Likes

Take the Power Back by Rage Against The Machine

3 Likes

Thats a cool bassline, i just listen to it, i like RATM but i only know 2 songs, ill add that bassline to my reference of my bass playing, Thanks! :smiley:

4 Likes

Josh does a walk thru tutorial for that song, and it is a great song to learn slap on, it sounds awesome, and it is not too hard to learn on.
I will post the link in another thread, we can’t keep talking about it in this thread, it is fir covers. Look for my next post and you will find it.

1 Like

I posted it here

1 Like

Hey BassBuzzers!

I have a new cover to post but I want to preface it with a bit of dialog. I hope I don’t get too wordy and boring. I’ve always liked Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass since I was young. When I signed up for the B2B course last year, I knew I would be really learning how to play. After I joined the forum, one of the first posts I made was the answer to the thread “What’s Your Dream Bass Line To Learn”? “A Taste of Honey” was the song I posted and at that time I promised myself that I would learn it. Well, it’s done and I want to share the cover with all of you, you who have encouraged and mentored for the past year and a half. And especially @JoshFossgreen for his most excellent teaching methods without which I wouldn’t have gotten here. This song has a special place with me and I hope I didn’t get too sugary with this introduction. It may not be the best cover on this thread, but to me it is a milestone of accomplishment. I hope you enjoy it.
(Please excuse my appearance, I recorded this at 4:00 in the morning after only one cup of coffee.) tasteof honey_cover_11092020 on Vimeo

14 Likes

Nice! Well done - I wouldn’t be able to play that at 4 am :grin:

I practiced this also about a year ago, but with slightly different fingering. I guess I should try yours!?

Not an easy bass line to play, but lots of fun!

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with your introduction, it was a great story that I am happy to have read.
Now I am going to listen to it

4 Likes

That was Fantastic.
I am not familiar with the band or the song, but I really liked it.
And you played it very well, great job, I am so very happy you accomplished your goal.
So, whats next??? :wink:

5 Likes

Nice cover @JerryP
Change of pace a couple of times and a shift in pitch all taken in your stride. Job well done :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! I have the tab if you’d like to try it.

5 Likes

Thanks @T_dub. It really feels good when accomplish something that you really want.
Thanks again.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac!

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks! Maybe I should try that one again…

By the way, I think it was Carol Kaye who played bass on the original - so, you are in very good company!

4 Likes

Sure. I’ll send it in a private message.

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP I loved it thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Excellent! Especially for a 4.00am performance! :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @LesterH and you’re welcome.

4 Likes

Thanks @sfadams! Don’t all musicians play at 4:00 in the morning? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes