Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Wow, learned that it a day? I mean I can get all the parts ok, but IDK if I could play thru that whole song and make the right changes at the right times thru the whole song. Very impressive.
I recognize the song and know it enough from the radio, but I don’t know it to be able to play thru.
Great job

3 Likes

Great cover @LesterH! Not familiar with the song but very impressed you learned it so quickly.

2 Likes

@T_dub Toby, you could get it man. Once you listen to it a few times and just nail down the groove you can go with it. You are talented so I am sure you could do it.

2 Likes

@JerryP I just found the right groove and hung in there it may not be note for note but I was going with my ear. Not my usual pick of music either

5 Likes

Great cover once more. Well played.

6 Likes

Here’s a quick n’dirty bass cover of B-52’s ‘Love Shack’. This is a ‘substitute’ song. I didn’t plan on videoing it at all … I was a bit frustrated because I’d first tried to upload Rolling Stones ‘Gimme Shelter’ but got “Blocked Worldwide” from our friends at YouTube (after, of course, I’d played it perfectly LOL):

https://youtu.be/w6G_mm2aXbg

14 Likes

Great Cover @sfadams,
enjoyed it and liked your laid back style.
cant wait to hear gimme shelter, that is a great song.
Cheers Brian.

6 Likes

Love that song!

5 Likes

@sfadams great playing! You have to love the copyright police

3 Likes

Love it @sfadams!! Upbeat with plenty of bass groove!! Great tone and great mixing with a bit of "Bass Face thrown in for a little extra entertainment! Can easily tell that you were into this one!! Great ending!!

I’m really loving all of the new cover posts here!! FUN!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

WOAH @LesterH!!! Way Cool!! What can I say other than to be able to take a Bruno Mars song and put your bass groove to it on a day is like… Damn Dude!!! Awesome!! You certainly are building on your musical play list!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Id like to watch your playing but the link is not working.

Playing at 4 in the morning? how? my fingers are relaxed when its night to morning after playing on thr afternoon.

1 Like

Hello @suaryana,
I just tried the link and it works fine. I noticed you don’t have the “https://” at the beginning. Can you try that and let me know?

3 Likes

@Lanny Thanks brother! No matter what we play it has to become our own at some point. I enjoyed this song for playing purposes.

5 Likes

excellent covers @LesterH and @sfadams ! very well played in both cases. and I really like the B52 :grin:

6 Likes

Great cover! One of my favorite songs from the 80’s. Good job!

5 Likes

Turns out the vimeo is not available on my country and i use vpn and it works, the song is very catchy and your finger playing is smooth, keep it up! :smiley:

3 Likes

Great cover, your bass is glued to the song (got the groove), and you have awesome beard!

4 Likes

@suaryana Right on! Thank you.

5 Likes

Glad you can get it. Thank you for your kind words.

6 Likes