Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Depends on the song, some is bad, some are good.

I got a Covid special for $24.99 for the year instead of $39.99. But the deal also extends to your renewal years, so for life it is $24.99 instead of $39.99.
so I signed up, and I got my money’s worth in about a week finding songs that I wanted to learn, and found good ones
then I searched songs that I knew, and found them to be terribly wrong. LOL

Not all of them, but like anything, you need to be careful and if it doesn’t sound or feel right, keep searching. Fortunately, there are often many versions of the same song to pick and choose from

I love that you can isolate the bass line. and when you want to play back, you can turn it off so you can play it.

3 Likes

I might have a look at it then. I’ve just bought Rocksmith 2014 for the Xbox to give that a try

2 Likes

Let me know how it goes.
Do you have to purchase different hardware for each instrument you want to hook up?
could be a good way to get my daughter into learning when she is not doing B2B with me (which we are gonna start back up now we are in our new apartment, once the dust settles.)

3 Likes

Thanks Toby @T_dub. Glad to see you’re moved in.

4 Likes

Thanks,
It was actually a pretty quick move it. I got 5 guys helping, and we unloaded the stuff from storage i was taking, about 75% of it, and got it moved into the house, all in under 3 hours.
Of course, will be a few days getting things un packed and organized, plus going out and getting all the new things we need for bathroom / kitchen and others, but it was a pretty easy move this time, thanks god.

3 Likes

Old-school hardcore punk from NYC !

Sick Of It All - Step Down

This thing is so old-school that it’s in EADG ! It’s a very classic hardcore punk tune, I had to cover it.

It’s certainly not my best cover, and I’m not very happy with the production, but this cover is mostly a test of the modded Boss ODB-3. it doesn’t sound very different than my previous overdriven SVT tones, probably more precise and with a more agressive edge. it sounds better than the BDI-21 in this role, which is not very suprising considering that the BDI-21 is more a full preamp than an overdrive.

For now the modded ODB-3 is probably my favorite bass overdrive, but I’m not 100% happy with it, there is something I don’t like in that tone. maybe just a settings thing, maybe something with this particular mix, or maybe I should try other clipping diodes in a “real world” situation (= in a mix and not just noodling alone). I think I have to test other bass overdrives before I make a choice. 'might order the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes clone kit tonight.

13 Likes

I think that sounded much better and not artificially fizzy like a stock one, way more subtle too. It sounded very good to me in the mix.

They have them in stock :slight_smile:

I actually had to cancel mine until I can get proper soldering ventilation sorted out in my place. I plan to order it again in a couple weeks if I can come up with a fan setup that will make my wife happy.

3 Likes

yeah it’s way better than the original but I don’t know , there is something in the low mids. it’s possibily something with this particular mix, because I like the way it sounds alone (like during the short intro).

they have one less in stock now :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Yay! Hopefully I can get things sorted out here this weekend and reorder. Looks like a fun kit.

3 Likes

yeah, it would be pretty fun if we both build one :slight_smile:

(also I ordered back the component I destroyed this week-end, to hopefully finish the GK preamp)

4 Likes

Hi @terb,
Great grooving along, nice and solid, I thought the mix and production was good, as usaul😎
If I was critical of any part it would be in the one part early on in the song where the bass plays a bit of solo, it sounded a bit shallow?
Maybe just me🤔
The tone overall worked really nicely chugging along with the distorted guitar👍
That’s the first time I’ve ever heard the song in my life so I can’t compare to anything, I just enjoyed what you played and shared.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

thanks @TNKA36 , the original mix is not very good, it doesn’t help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@alex.s nice one, I like that you have made the bass stand out, after all it’s all about the bass. Nice tone you have.
Jamie

5 Likes

Very good cover Laurent @terb. The tone sounded fine to me. Never heard the song before but it sounds good. Performance and production 100% as usual.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see what the amazing stores of Tokyo have to offer!

5 Likes

I am literally scared to go look.

5 Likes

Me too Dave😎 @DaveT👍
I hear Japan calling.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Ohhhhh, you are as bad for me as the GAS thread is to others! I used to commute there for work, but haven’t been since 2000. There’s no candy store like it. It’s a religious experience.

5 Likes

I went back and listened again and there is a really nice texture on solo that gets buried in the mix. I like that too. Very nicely played! Thanks for the old school punk, (as that’s probably my upper limit in the direction of heavy pipe death metal sludge).

5 Likes

In Akihabara, beneath the station and around it, there is a warren-like network of shops selling parts and obscure electronics stuff.

4 Likes