Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I got it to play after a minute. Good job.

5 Likes

congrats @Mac , that’s a nice thing you made to trick Youtube :face_with_hand_over_mouth: also nice cover !

7 Likes

Thank you @russki98 @TNKA36 @PamPurrs @terb @JerryP

Yes I was a little naughty with YouTube @terb :joy: hopefully it will stay up on there :thinking:

6 Likes

@Mac brilliant cover really sounded great. Awesome tone.

Jamie

5 Likes

Thanks Jamie :+1:

2 Likes

Tyler Childers - Whitehouse Road

I’m not a big fan of the studio version of this song, but luckily there are a ton of very different live versions. I love this minimal one, recorded at the OurVinyl Sessions. There is only a guitar on the original record, so I added a bass line, greatly inspired by the upright line played on another live record.

Sound-wise it’s my “standard” Americana tone, with the Ampeg SVT-VR model on the Bass POD Pro set to a limit just after the “pure clean” tone, in the “just a little bit dirty if I’m heavy on the attacks” zone. The difference with my previous covers is that I didn’t use the DOD FX84, it’s Greenie directly into the Bass POD Pro. the compression comes only from the LA-2A model on the POD, the foam block and a very subtle studio compression during the production phase.

This song was not easy to mix because of the problem I have with my monitors. I hope it sounds good enough, at this point I can’t be sure.

13 Likes

Very nice @terb Laurent… Laid back style with a great tone from Greenie… Love the bass line and how it plays into the mood of the song. Thought the production was great, and the mix sounded quite well.

8 Likes

Nice tone and very smooth Laurent @terb,
Enjoyed the layed back Style, very easy to listen to😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Nice

7 Likes

Really nice @terb Laurent. I was a bit stressed coming back from work but that song mellowed me back to sanity. Thanks!

7 Likes

Nice job as always @terb :+1:

7 Likes

Very nice. Well played.

7 Likes

Wow you are really going down the Dark Country path!

Greenie had amazing tone as always. I really like the mixing you did here, it fit very well in the mix, no need to worry about it. If anything you could have mixed it a little louder but it’s just about perfect.

7 Likes

So nicely played @terb Laurent. It would have been so easy to over play that song but you nailed it. Really nice tone from the green stick too.

7 Likes

thank you all for your kind words :grin:

9 Likes

edit: replaced with updated version :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/NihvjUurwLk

This is my cover of Gary Numan’s “Down In The Park”. Me on bass. Also me on everything else, I made it from scratch :slight_smile:

Drums: Steven Slate Drums 5
Synths: Me playing through Kilohearts Phase Plant. The pad and outro bells are stock patches, I made the synth lead sound from scratch.
Voice: Synthesizer V, Eleanor Forte vocaloid, with a phaser on it. The song is from the perspective of a dystopian future machine-person, so I thought a vocaloid would work well, and the phaser gives a cool She-Threepio kind of effect.

Everything is tracked up and mixed down in Reaper.

Being self-critical, I have lots of comments about it, but I’ll wait to hear others before I make them :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I’ll jump in first here with a disclaimer - I don’t know the original by Gary Numan. But this is so damn cooool!!!

I’m way down with this full synth robo-tron goodness.
Bravo, and do more, I say.

8 Likes

Thanks!

The original is an electronic music classic, it was the B-side to “Are Friends Electric?”, his first single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C86Q9FukYE

8 Likes

Okay I’m officially blown away ! :scream: @howard
The bass is just right in all aspects but to have then recorded everything else is just something else,next level .
If that was me I’d be shouting it from the rooftops. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Fabulous! Love it. The keys in particular seem right on point to my ears. Well done.

7 Likes