Post your covers! (2019-2022)

This piece kills me cause its really tough to keep it tight and groovy and i´m not finished with it yet

BlackVelvet

5 Likes

I’d give it a listen, but the link doesn’t appear to be working for me @bernds64… All I get is an empty blank page when I click on the link…

3 Likes

I get nothing either @bernds64
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Yep +3 for a no show.

2 Likes

Sorry for that.
Would you give it another try please?

BlackVelvet

6 Likes

your cover sounds good to me ! your groove is quite tight and accurate in my opinion, this kind of shuffle is not so easy

there is a thread for partial covers and work in progress : Post your practice fragments!
but I think that your record belongs here, on the “real covers” thread :grin:

congrats !

6 Likes

Got it now @bernds64,
You have a nice tone, your attack was nice and solid shuffles take some real concentration, very smooth, well done.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hey Laurent @terb,
Amazing how close our responses are to the cover👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thank you @terb and @TNKA36 for your replies. Appreciate that a lot

6 Likes

you’re very welcome :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ooh very groovy. The backing track still sounds good too, good work removing the bass.

9 Likes

Awesome cover @bernds64
Very nicely done :+1:

6 Likes

Not working for me.

4 Likes

Just had another look @JerryP and it’s no longer working for me either.
I’m sure @bernds64 will get it sorted and trust me it’s worth the wait. A very solid cover

6 Likes

Thanx @Mac for the info and your kindness
Funny, but i hope this will work instead (if not, i give up)

https://www.boogiemasters.com/musik

5 Likes

Very well done @bernds64! Your tone and groove match the song well, and was also very well mixed. Timing along with a dark mysterious tone on a song such as this is very important in order to accentuate the feel and essence of the vocals which draw the listener in - something sort of “magical and mysterious” that takes place between the vocalist and the bassist that makes this one work… Very well done!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

8 Likes

I got the link to work and it was well worth the wait. Great Job @bernds64 I agree with everything @Lanny said previously. Professional sounding all the way.
What’s next? :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Howdy brothers and sisters! I hope everyone is safe and well.

My latest effort. I probably should not post this as I butchered it, but what the hell.

I will slow it down, break it down (bar by bar - especially the A to C to C# (slide) to A notes) until I master this song.

Lastly, HOLY CRAP I never realized how fast this song is! Whether you are a ZZ Top or Dusty Hill fan, he makes it look effortless.

https://youtu.be/AKJwx4pqRsQ

17 Likes

Hey JD. @JDDaniel,
I can see you dig the song👍
Nice tone from the new family member😎
Your finger alternating is really improving, and when you say you butchered it, it wasn’t that bad, sure there are areas you can improve, we all have those.
Most importantly is the fact that your prepared to put yourself out there regardless, this demonstrates that you yourself know your improving, and I can see that👍
Can’t wait to see you repost it when you have nailed it 100%, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Good job @JDDaniel! I know what you mean about realizing the timing and nuances in a particular song when trying to play it is so much different than just listening to it. Keep up the good work! :+1:

7 Likes