Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover @Lanny

Been fortunate to see them a good few times and work security at one of their UK gigs back in early 2000s.
They have a lot of good songs worth covering

7 Likes

Hey Lanny, nice playing although you’re bringing on my PTSD by having that banjo mocking me in the background :grimacing:

8 Likes

Nice cover Bill @Lanny,
Nice tone and great sustain from the growlin P-Bass.
Like the hurricane clips :+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

hey @Lanny ! I’m not a big fan of the song, but your cover is very nicely played and your new P gloriously shines in this mix. very nice tone, punchy yet warm like a P should be. I’m not sure one can expect much more from a stock Fender pickup. :+1:

7 Likes

Sorry guy’s, my cover was removed by sound cloud, even though it was only 1 minute of the original… bummer.

4 Likes

for partial/incomplete covers, there is this other thread : Post your practice fragments!

4 Likes

Yes I get that @terb but I reduced the size of the clip so it wouldn’t infringe on any owners rights… fragments or not, it wont work. I figured since no one could give me an answer about copyright on here that I would try. I’m starting to think that posting ANY covers on here is a bad idea (legally).

3 Likes

yeah we already told about this issue a few times, you can read previous posts on this thread and I guess you’ll have all your answers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, I have and yep, unfortunately it’s a breach of copyright unless you’re the owner or have permission from the owner. Oh well, good luck!

4 Likes

Awesome job Lanny @Lanny
Real nice tone and such a cool dude :sunglasses: :+1:
The Scorps come from my hometown and although i´m not a fan i deeply respect what they achieved

7 Likes

Great first cover song for the new bass. Did the setup perform as you expected?

5 Likes

Thanks all!! I’m pleased with the tones I’m able to get from this bass and am happy with the way it plays and feels. Having the ability to adjust pickup height for each string is a really great feature of the P bass coils. I’ve messed around with these settings on my other PJ and with the Squire P with fairly decent results but nothing as noticeably obvious as what I was able to achieve from this P… Maybe the the DR Pure Blues nickel core round wounds that I put on helped play into it a bit too…

@JerryP - Yes, a total inspection and full set up helped quite a bit. When I picked this bass up at the Macon GC, I only played a couple scales to get a feel for how it actually felt in my hands. Although it sounded good, I knew I should be able to make it sound and respond much better. The only other thing I really look at is the relationship of the neck to the strings - looking for any signs of neck twist. Everything else is adjustable so I don’t spend a lot if time playing on it until I set it up the way I like - otherwise I’ll just get frustrated🤨.

@russki98 - Put my banjo there just for you!!:rofl::rofl:. Thought it might raise an eyebrow…:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me @Lanny… I’d love to show you what I came up with to go with that banjo tune but the Capitalists wont let me due to “Copywrong” or something.

3 Likes

Also nice P bass @Lanny, looks like it’s teal in colour. Same as my Stingray. ( I just noticed that there’s a spell check red line under “colour”… I’m not changing it, just coz you Mericans can’t spell … That’s the Queen’s English right there! …hehehe)

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Totally agree @russki98!! Been arguing that same point for years… Everyone (Especially all us all down here in the Southern States) know that it’s spelt “KU-LER”!! No “Red Line” under that spelling… :joy: :joy:

Actually Fender refers to it as “Turquoise”. One of their Special Edition P’s offered in this KU-LER… :rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

I chose to learn this song and record a cover of it, not so much because of the challenge, but because I simply think this is one of the most beautiful blues ballads ever (I hope I didn’t screw it up too badly).
It’s 6:12 long, which accomplished a couple things for me: (1) I proved to myself I could learn a song by ear (2) proved, even at my age, I could memorize a long song (3) proved, at my age, I could stand and play a song for over 6 minutes.

Please watch the entire video as I pay a tribute to Gary Moore during his incredible guitar solo at the end.

Still Got the Blues
Gary Moore

Bass played on a Yamaha BB735 with LaBella flatwounds.
PEDALS: Compressor, Tube Screamer, and Reverb.
https://pampurrs.com/pam_s_music/still-got-the-blues/

21 Likes

that’s a lot of archivements @PamPurrs ! also with this green screen effect you pushed the video covers to another level :grin:

6 Likes

@terb are you suggesting you don’t believe I magically appeared in the middle of a deserted street and started playing? :smile_cat:

8 Likes

you know @PamPurrs here we’re in lockdown again, so seing someone in a street automatically looks like a special effect :joy:

8 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs Pam! Great video production as well. What did you use to remove the original bass line from the recording?
Really enjoyed it. Thanks!

5 Likes