Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Tons. Look up Cannonball Adderly Quintet. Great albums, great recordings, great videos await!

4 Likes

Hi Jerry, @JerryP,
Another great cover, nice tone, very relaxed and sounded really cool with the Brass.
Enjoyed watching and listening :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian!

3 Likes

Very cool @JerryP! Perfect example of how far R/5th can get you. As straightforward as that line seems to be, it is a fun, playful, bluesy, bassline that I can dance to… what else do you need if you have that right? Great job, sounds like a fun song to play along with.

5 Likes

Thanks @BassFaceDisgrace. It was lots of fun to play.

5 Likes

I’m working on another from-scratch cover. This one is taking a while as we get the guitar parts sorted, so I thought I’d post it as a work in progress. It’s about 2/3 done. Still needs the guitar parts added (you’ll note some long stretches with just bass and synth that feel like something is missing :slight_smile: )

This is a cover of Procession by New Order, one of their best songs in my opinion, from the period when they were transitioning from Joy Division to New Order after Ian Curtis’ suicide. Definitely a fun one to get my Hooky on with.

Me on bass and synths, also drum and vocaloid programming. Same vocaloid I used for the “Down in the Park” cover, with different vocal parameters and effects on the voice.

Not super happy with the mix yet. A bit too much compression on the vocaloid I think as well.

Once the guitars go in and with a bit more mixing I think this will be nice.

Sounds are:
TRBX 604 -> Carl Martin Opto-Comp -> EHX Bass Clone -> EBS ValveDrive, with some filter and effects in DAW
Kilohearts Phase Plant for the synths, a few different patches in there, I made one of them from scratch.
Synthesizer V, Eleanor Forte Lite soundbank for the vocals, filtered, compressed, and reverbed in the DAW
Zoom RT-223 for the drums, heavily processed with Kilohearts transient shaping, compression and reverb in the DAW

All mixed down in Reaper.

8 Likes

@howard
Nice work- your production skills are definitely apparent. Would love to hear this with real vocals, but the digital version gives you options to keep creating. (And I know over time that tech will just continue to get better) Definitely post an update once you get guitar track

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great cover @howard,
It sounds awesome, I don’t even know if it needs guitar in the mix🤔
Will be interesting to listen with the addition though😎
Looking forward to hearing the completed project :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks!

The actual song has a really excellent guitar crescendo that I want to get in this plus the recurring part adds a lot.

One of my favorite basslines though for sure :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95H1vtE9JjU

3 Likes

Awesome @JerryP and how damned relaxed! Deep in the pocket Mr. JP! :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Great Job @howard and i´m waitig for the final mix :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you @bernds64!

4 Likes

Stuck in the Middle
Stealers Wheel

I know this cover has been done a million times, and probably a dozen times just on this forum. This wasn’t on my list, but a friend dared me (even baited me with a pitcher of beer), so I couldn’t refuse.

Admittedly, it’s not as good as Tony Williams’ original performance, but it’s my version. I guess if I practice 50 more times I could get it better, but I just wanted to get it finished so I can claim my pitcher of beer, and move on to my next cover.

P.S. @terb I DIDN’T use a green screen on this video :smile_cat:

Yamaha BB735
LaBella Deep Talking Bass flatwounds

Here it is

12 Likes

Good job @PamPurrs Pam! Nice work on the entire production. One of my favorites on my car playlist.

3 Likes

Great job @howard! Looking forward to the final mix.

3 Likes

I use Berhinger also, but mine you drink! :wine_glass:

3 Likes

This whole time I thought that song was Dylan :slight_smile:

Nice work! I absolutely love the BB’s tone.

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

3 Likes

Thanks @howard!

3 Likes