Nice work @Shane_Landen,
Great bandšŸ‘
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job on this one as well @Shane_LandenšŸ‘
Donā€™t know the song or band, you had nice tonesšŸ˜Ž
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thank you, both. Always nice to hear the work is paying off.

5 Likes

Nice job on both covers @Shane_Landen!

3 Likes

Lots of info in this thread, a lot more here:

few other places too.

5 Likes

@terb Iā€™m curiousā€¦ do you use OBS for your cover recordings?

1 Like

I needed something quick on Windows recently and found OpenShot, which is free and seems good.

1 Like

Does OpenShot use the computer camera like OBS does? Or is just more for post production stuff?

1 Like

OpenShot is just a video editor and transcoder.

1 Like

not sure what OBS is exactly, I believe itā€™s some sort of video prouction software ? I donā€™t use this. I record the video part with the front camera of my smartphone (with Open Camera on Android), which is kinda primitive. the audio part is recorded with Reaper on the computer.

then I have to sync the audio and video parts, and for this I use VideoPad. probably not the best video editing software but itā€™s very simple. Iā€™m downloading OpenShot right now, Iā€™ll give it a try.

3 Likes

OBS is a free, open source camera software for Mac or PC. You can use the built in camera on the laptop, or an external camera connected to the computer. It shoots the video and records the audio simultaneously, so you can then take the finished video to your editing software (VideoPad, Premier Pro, etc) for post production without need for syncing audio and video. I have used it for my past few video covers.
Hereā€™s my shooting setup. Notice, the laptop in the foreground is the camera, using OBS.

7 Likes

thatā€™s a pretty serious setup @PamPurrs ! mine is way cheaper ā€¦ a smartphone on a tripod, and an old couch :joy:

7 Likes

Being married to a photographer helps ā€¦ :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Good job @Mao! I gotta admit I have become a big fan of the La Bellaā€™s (got them on my P & J now).

3 Likes

Nice @terb! Love that ā€œGreenie;ā€ first time I have seen you with it.

3 Likes

thatā€™s by far my #1 bass, you can see dozens of covers with Greenie on my site : https://basse.laurentberta.com

3 Likes

Cool, I will check them out soon! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. Iā€™ll start getting into the production side more now that Iā€™m getting a lot more serious about playing.

4 Likes

A cover of Like A Stone by Audioslave. The audio isnā€™t perfect so I apologize.

4 Likes