Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Cool, I will check them out soon! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. I’ll start getting into the production side more now that I’m getting a lot more serious about playing.

4 Likes

A cover of Like A Stone by Audioslave. The audio isn’t perfect so I apologize.

4 Likes

no need for apologies ! and I like Audioslave, we used to cover Show Me How To Live with a previous band :grin:

in the case of your cover, it’s hard to comment because the track is really not easy to listen to clearly. I hear a lot of small timing issues but with Audioslave I’d say it’s pretty normal, in my memories those lines are really “timing-sensitive” and not easy at all on this point.

anyway, a cover is always a good thing , so congratulations to you !

5 Likes

Nice job @Shane_Landen! I’m not familiar with the band/song but it sounded good to me.
:+1:

5 Likes

Some progressive doom from a very recent album :

Sun Of Grey - Disease

I really enjoyed this album and wanted to cover the last song with the Ply-bass. I had big issues with the tone, and more precisely with the pickup which really sounds like sh*t. Definitly not one of my best covers, and I must confess that I hesitated to share it. But I always say that there is no minimum level required to post on this thread, so here it is.

Jim Harley Plywood P-thing (BEAD), modded ODB-3, Bass POD Pro without the LA-2A (the pickup behaves very strangely to dynamics so there is no compression at all in the signal chain).

14 Likes

Nice cover @terb. I never heard that song, so I guess you did it perfectly!

P.S. I’m always amazed when I see you doing your covers sitting on a sofa. I can’t (and don’t want to) play sitting down; it just seems so unnatural to me. But you seem quite comfortable with it.

5 Likes

yeah I like to be relaxed when I play, the sofa is the right place for me :grin:

for real I play wherever I am. I can sit on the floor, that’s fine.

7 Likes

Whatever works for you :smile_cat:

Sitting while playing just seems so odd to me. I’ve tried practicing while sitting on a chair, and it just doesn’t work for me. I need to be on my feet, feeling the groove and moving my body to the rhythm. It just feels right to me.
I’ve never been to a concert or watched a band performing in a club where the bass player was sitting on a sofa :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

that’s kinda strange to read that. I really don’t mind, I can play standing or sitting, it doesn’t change much for me. so when I’m on stage (which did not happened since a few years !) I’m standing and that’s fine, when I’m at home I’m sitting comfortable. or not. I don’t care as long as I can play. :joy:

I should find a dark country band, where it would be totally appropriate to play sitting on a chair or even a sofa :joy: I’m getting old I guess

8 Likes

@terb you do a good job with your covers, I’m just saying how I personally feel about playing.

5 Likes

yeah @PamPurrs I understood, that’s perfectly fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another great cover @terb Laurent! I had the volume turn up a bit and my windows were rattling!

5 Likes

that’s exactly the purpose of the BEAD tuning :grin:

6 Likes

Aww yeah, that’s great. BEAD and metal, like peanut butter and chocolate.

I think the tone actually worked well after your EQ. I can see what you mean though - still some strong mids poking through but it kind stood out a bit in the mix. Gonna sound great with the new pups.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing sitting a lot more lately myself, mostly while working in the DAW.

4 Likes

Great cover @terb. I’m embarrassed to say that when I click on your covers I’ve come to expect excellence and you’ve never let me down :+1:

Nice job @Shane_Landen
I’ve been playing around with this very song for a month or more now and as @terb pointed out the timing is quite tricky. I’m also really struggling to play notes and ghost notes within the same song.

5 Likes

My friend and I are still working on the cover for Procession, so I started on another. New Order again, a song called Temptation, another transitional song from Joy Division.

This song has deep personal meaning to me so this cover’s gonna take a while, but here’s a test the first minute of the song, the synths and drums and the start of the bass. Iconic Hooky bassline.

https://soundcloud.com/user-192576005/testation/s-I7cY5SulHag

TRBX604 → opto-comp → bass clone → SHB-1 amp sim → NadIR cab sim, synths and drums are all Phase Plant.

This cover is starting out closest to an early version of the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETtoWTNhT0

but it will eventually probably be this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDv_RTdLQo

6 Likes

yeah that’s it. even with the very strong EQing, those weird mids are very hard to tame.

6 Likes

sounds interesting, I’m not a fan of the chorus (in general ; not only in this case) but it sounds kinda coherent with the synth. I really like how the synth sounds, punchy yep pretty tight and clean. the drum sounds very agressive, very “square”, but I guess there is not much production yet !

3 Likes