Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@TNKA36 and @Lanny there’s a reason these are called “covers”… so we don’t see things we wish we hadn’t seen.

6 Likes

Shane - @Shane_Landen… We are all here to help each other. If there is ANYTHING that you have questions on when it comes to recording covers, there are a bunch of us here that are willing to help - we all help each other - that’s what we do… We are ALL beginners… When Laurent @terb started this thread, we were all going through B2B together and he believed that it would be a great tool to help us all progress - he was right on!! This thread has proven to pull some of the most limited of players out in the open with the rest of us who are all ‘still learning’ so that we can ALL move forward and learn and develop our skills. This is no “Race”… It is no “Competition”… It’s all about learning and developing our skills… We all try our damnedest to do the ‘best we can’, and that “Best” is always ‘One Step Away’… We keep on moving forward because THAT is what Josh @JoshFossgreen taught us all to do…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

11 Likes

:rofl: And this is from a BABG @PamPurrs who prefers to play bass in her PJ’s with a cold beer… Hahahaha

6 Likes

What can I say that has not already been said? I’m familiar with the Eagles version of the song and you performed a great rendition fit for the season. :christmas_tree: Great cover @Lanny Bill.

6 Likes

You are, of course, right, Lanny @Lanny, but @Shane_Landen got a point :grinning: You guys are really setting the bar high, both with respect to the quality of your playing, how many covers you post and, not least, the awesome, production!! But, by upping the ante like that, we others can only follow, raise, or… fold! That’s a great motivator!!

Anyway, I blame it all on my day job :grin: Once I am retired, I will crank out awesome covers, hah!

Very nicely done, Lanny!!

10 Likes

great work one more time, @Lanny ! that’s very … Christmas … :grin:

… I fear my last cover doesn’t feature any tree, bells, elves or red/green clothes …

Pixies - Where Is My Mind ?

This bass line is not very interesting and I’m not the biggest fan of Pixies, but I wanted to record this cover for my girlfriend who loves this song. I play the same bass line than on the record, but it’s originally played with a pick and I found I have a better feeling for this kinda depressive groove with my bare fingers. so, classic alternating plucking here.

Also I found that this song could be a good test ride for my “new” mid-70’s Grabber. it’s tuned in EADG, and recorded with the Bass POD Pro and my standard setting. I used the modded ODB-3 with a very light and transparent setting (flat EQ), to add just a little bit of grit.

19 Likes

Very nice @terb. Would you like to borrow my elf outfit for your next Christmas video? :rofl:

7 Likes

not sure … :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Your girlfriend has good taste, I love that song (and the rest of the Pixies :slight_smile:)

6 Likes

Great cover and great tone Laurent @terb. I’m enjoying the plucking and how it does work well with this bass line… Not knowing the song, the very abrupt ending was quite the surprise…

7 Likes

Haha, the things we do for our SO’s :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But you are delivering like a pro :sunglasses:

I find this somewhat interesting given some of the other music you often share :joy:

8 Likes

she likes sludgecore and dark country, and she’s not afraid of some brutal death metal occasionnally … :grin:

I must confess I use less the pick those times !

:joy:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

My wife and I have very different musical tastes. She’s also more accomplished than I am (used to be an R&B singer and is a better keyboardist than I am - and not interested in music at all right now, fml :slight_smile:

7 Likes

please do

5 Likes

Another great cover Laurent @terb,
Love the low growl from the new family member :sunglasses:
I have never heard the song before, not my cup of tea, but always interesting to hear something different, only criticism is I didn’t see anything Christmas in your video​:joy::joy:.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

I admit, I admit … :joy:

7 Likes

Great cover @terb
I’ve dabbled with the tune but find I got bored with it and lost my concentration !

6 Likes

Nice cover @terb Laurent! Interesting song, never heard it before.
Good job!

5 Likes

I think it’s probably the best song they did before Doolittle.

3 Likes

that’s funny, I really though it was a very well know song ! I’m surprised a lot of people here didn’t knew it. This song is a part of the Fight Club movie soundtrack.

5 Likes