4 Likes

Nice fret work @sfadams,:+1:
Merry Christmas,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very nice @sfadams!
Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Wow @TNKA36 … That bass has a fat sound! I listened to that at 1am and had to quickly kill my sub or the whole family would have woken up and kicked my arse!! Very nice Brian.

5 Likes

Very solid performance @sfadams. Great job.

4 Likes

OK !

Redeye Caravan - Banshee

Redeye Caravan is a greek band and this song is from their last album, Nostrum Remedium, released in January 2020. A few songs are interesing in a dark country perspective but I like especially this one, with its very warm and organic vocal line. That said, the original bass line is not interesting at all, very flat. So, I replaced it entirely by mine, and hopefully it sounds more lively but still in a pure dark country flavor.

Greenie in EADG, with the country-foam-block, plugged straight into the Bass POD Pro.

12 Likes

Great song! I like it and great playing. I don’t know what the original bass line was, but yours seems to fit perfectly.

6 Likes

Greenie’s tone was perfect for that song.

Very nice rolling bassline, perfect and subtle, supporting. Nice work.

Also perfect hat for the song :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Another one by New Order, with my bestie on guitar and me getting my Hooky on. Our cover of Temptation, one of their best songs, and one with a lot of personal meaning for me.

Only my second try at vocals - still terrified by them :slight_smile:

Bass: Yamaha TRBX604FM
Synth: Kilohearts Phase Plant
Guitar: Gretsch 5120
Drums: Steven Slate Drums SSD-5
Mic: Shure PGA-58
Backup “oohs” vocals: Synthesizer V (Eleanor Forte Lite version)
Plugins: many

Tracked and mixed in Reaper.

https://youtu.be/0DIm19t7CvY

14 Likes

@howard your covers are so incredibly innovative, and your singing voice is superb. I enjoyed listening to this very much.

7 Likes

@terb you keep raising the bar for covers. Thank you for making me work harder at improving my technique.

I enjoyed this very much!

7 Likes

@terb great cover! i like that song a lot, and your playing and tone were perfect

@howard excellent job! you’re basically a 1-man band at this point :+1:

7 Likes

@howard
Excellent cover!! I really enjoyed it.

6 Likes

Thank you all so much, really appreciate it :blush:

It’s been a lot of fun working on these with my friend. He’s basically single-handedly kept our band alive since college. Love his guitar work in this one, especially the ending.

@PamPurrs - That was so kind of a comment, thank you. There’s a lot of post-production software helping my voice there :slight_smile:

However I do feel like I am getting more comfortable with it. The reason Melodyne works well with it is my voice is not too far off in those takes. But I am still naturally singing about a half semitone flat, and with a lot of variance. Something to work on over time :slight_smile:

Vocals are humbling. At least for me. I can’t imagine doing them live - I never sang in gigs at all.

8 Likes

But at least you’re taking the bull by the horns and nailing it.
I have always mimed since school days after my voice broke. Even in the crowds at concerts when no one hear you :joy:

5 Likes

Nice work Howard @howard,
Love your mixing and production :+1:
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Very nice Laurent @terb,
Nice laid back track, loved your audience just sitting enjoying your playing.
All the best,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Some real nice covers here the last few days (again) - you can tell that a lot of effort went into them! It is really interesting to see how the “level” of the covers shared here is constantly increasing.

While this should motivate some of us more “experienced” Buzzers to up our own game, it hopefully is not deterring others to post their very first cover attempts!! Just go back in time in this thread to see some of the earlier attempts by now famous “cover influencers” :grin:

The first cover is often the hardest, in many ways!

12 Likes

well said @joergkutter :slight_smile:

very impressive cover @howard , I really love your full-cover thing, and doing all this with you long-time friend certainly makes all this even better. great work on every track, and on the mix and production !

9 Likes

Thank you!

@joergkutter that’s a really good point and I hope no one gets discouraged from posting cover vids. Working on these is a really hard and rewarding process regardless of the level of the cover, and great practice - maybe the best practice possible, really. It incorporates a lot of song analysis, figuring things out, learning by both experimentation and emulation, and the learning that comes from that. I am constantly impressed by the progress people display here (usually much greater than my own) and that is because they had the guts to post covers all along their path.

11 Likes