Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks for that list! I’m going to have to backtrack and look a few of those up… Maybe someday I’ll be able to contribute…

7 Likes

Great job Laurent @terb,
It is impressive when I look through all the covers posted “WOW”
Great work Bass Buzz Forum members, we all deserve a pat on the back👍
The enthusiasm and willingness for everyone on the forum to share so much of themselves over this really difficult year is something that we can all be proud of😎
Can’t wait to see how much we improve in 2021😁
Keep on rockin
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Go for it @locket,
We all look forward to seeing you posting some covers😎
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I’m sure you will @skydvr,
You will be amazed at how much confidence you will get when you start exploring the covers area, can’t wait to see your progress,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Wow, that is one impressive list, Laurent! Congrats on one of the absolute highlight threads in here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And there are some covers that I must have missed… time to go back and re-visit them.

Two small corrections: for peterhuppertz, I am almost 100% sure the band is called “Tristan”. For my cover of “So Far Away”, the artist is Carole King, not Carole Kaye - I had made that Freudian slip in the video and never fixed that, but it was Carole King who wrote the song :wink:

And thanks for including my tongue-in-cheek flash covers :grin:

Now, let’s crack that 164 record for 2021!!

8 Likes

GO GO GO !

Olde Crow - Take It

This is a very recent release (December 19th 2020). The album is named Masquerade, and is what I would call some kind of wild doom/sludge metal. I play more or less the original bass line.

Played with the Plywood Bass Of Doom, tuned in BEAD (I think that the original song may probably be played in Drop-C). Modded Boss ODB-3, Line 6 Bass POD Pro.

This is the first record with the new MEC pickup, and I must say that I really like this one. It keeps a very good definition even with the low tuning and the overdrive with a relatively high gain setting, that’s quite impressive and that’s obviously a huge upgrade from the stock 90’s Jim Harley pickup. Those german MEC pickups are probably hard to find wordlwide, but still highly recommended !

11 Likes

Damn @terb, I wanted to post the first cover of 2021. Oh well…

Not my favorite genre of music, but you did it well.

6 Likes

oh sorry Pam :frowning:

5 Likes

LOL it’s okay, I was only joking

5 Likes

Hey Guys

First time on here, jsut signed up for the B2B course and thought I’d post something I did during lockdown. Not perfect but I like it :slight_smile:

Thanks
Matt

14 Likes

Can only agree with Pam here, @terb - and also, very cool bass sound you put together there!

5 Likes

Whoa! I love the Bauhaus original but had not heard that metal cover. I like it :slight_smile:

Well done on your cover! love the video work.

6 Likes

Ooh that sounds great. Agree the new pickup is doin well there. Not muddy at all, even with BEAD and drive.

6 Likes

that’s a great cover @MattHinchliffe ! well played with a nice and appropriate tone, and also you did a very good job about the video editing ! congrats
:grin::+1:

5 Likes

Nice tone and performance. I’m with @PamPurrs Pam, not something you’l find in my playlist but I appreciate the work put into it. Good job Laurent!

PS: I got to get me a cool hat for my covers. Too much shiny baldness in my videos.

6 Likes

Great first cover Matt! Not my kind of music but well play and outstanding video work!

5 Likes

Nice cover @MattHinchliffe. Not the kind of music I would listen too, but you did a nice job on the bass.

What’s with the disguise? I promise I won’t tell anyone I saw you here :rofl:

5 Likes

Great cover @terb and the bass sounds really good. Got to confess my first thought was “terbs not using a pick this time !” but you soon sorted that out :joy:

And that’s a great first cover @MattHinchliffe.

5 Likes

After a 3 week hiatus those years working for Apple computers paid off and I was able to install a new SSD and repair my failed hard drive in my iMac. To test things out I recorded a cover of Tom Sawyer from Rush. It isn’t perfect and after updating everything on my Mac in the last few days some of the programs changed so I added a filter to make me a cartoon primarily because without it I look like Sasquatch lol. Hope you guys and gals like the tune and enjoy.
Tom Sawyer (Rush)

10 Likes

Very nice cover of my favorite Rush song. Great tone, and your groove is spot on!

4 Likes