Post your covers! (2019-2022)

nice cover @PamPurrs and again a great video production, I’m impressed by how you master the green screen.

also you get a very good tone from your Yam, very balanced. another proof that pedals are not mandatory at all.

5 Likes

Thank you @terb!

I truly believe switching from the BB235 to the BB735 was a very good move for me.

6 Likes

The BB734/5 is about as good a bass as you can buy, really. It’s just priced extremely well.

4 Likes

I keep expecting you to post that you got a BB734 @howard :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if I got one at some point. Happy with the TRBX for now though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Paul McCartney - Helter Skelter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdtvChKNhKA

You probably all know this song. Written by Paul McCartney and recorded by the Beatles in 1968, it’s a true masterpiece and it somehow announced all the hard rock style coming in the 1970’s. There are dozens of versions of this song. Obviously I chose my favorite one : a live version played by Paul McCartney and his talented musicians during the 2004 Glastonbury Music Festival.

The bass line of this song is different from one version to another. I chose to go with my own bass line, which is in fact an assembly of different existing versions of the song.

Hardware-wise it’s a comeback for my DOD FX84 “Milk Box” compressor. That’s the only pedal I use, in front of the Bass POD Pro. Greenie in EADG.

14 Likes

Very Nice Laurent @terb,
great tone, getting around the fret board and string crossing, and nice to see you wearing the right type of t shirt.
Cheers
Brian

4 Likes

Wow @terb that was awesome! I listened to it on the car stereo on the way home from dinner and it made the drive much more enjoyable. I’m surprised I didn’t get a speeding ticket!

4 Likes

Well done Laurent! Being an avid Beatles fan, I enjoyed it very much.
Great job!

4 Likes

Great cover!

I really like the bass line you chose. There’s so many good covers of this song and most are pretty different. I like the direction you went in with the bass, bringing it more up front as leading the song.

5 Likes

Sounds really great Laurent @terb . . . :slight_smile:

I like your version!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Hey Everyone, I got a cover for y’all. Not my favorite song, but I think it came out ok. I have never played in front of a cameras or taken a video ever lol. I never realized how hard it is to play the song in 1 take also. I don’t think I saw this song covered yet in the archive and wanted to thank the group for encouraging people to post because without that I most likely would never subjugate myself to this process lol. The video is unlisted on youtube so if it does not work you might have to follow the link. If you have any tips or feedback feel free to dm me or reply.
https://youtu.be/TkQNRq9CjzQ

13 Likes

great cover @Vegaswizzle ! you can be proud for this first cover, very well played. I like this bass line and your groove when you play it. also your bass tone sounds nice and the recording is fine (audio and video).

great job !

:grin::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Great first cover @Vegaswizzle! Good tone and execution. I enjoyed it. Keep it up!

6 Likes

@Vegaswizzle Really nice job! Great song/bass line selection, very well played. I’m going to put this one on my to-do list. Audio sounded good too ;))

7 Likes

I’m glad to see new people posting covers. I wish I could listen to it, but I can’t get it to play… not here in the forum nor on YouTube. I’m sure it’s as awesome as everyone is saying!

EDIT: I played around with my laptop and finally got it to play. It sounds great. Nice tone and nice cover of one of my favorite Sarah songs. Keep up the good work.
Also, it’s good to see 5 string players.

7 Likes

Really well played!

8 Likes

Hi @Vegaswizzle,
I don’t know the song, but i think you did a great job.
:+1:
Your finger crossing and getting around the fretboard was pretty good, just a couple small timing issues in a couple spots and the last couple notes right at the end.
Great to see you stepping out and posting a cover, looking forward to seeing some more from ya.
Nice tone from the 5er :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey Bass Buzzers!
I got this as a request from my nephew. My first cover during my two week quarantine here in Japan. Comments welcomed.

13 Likes

Great job Jerry @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes