Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Does it work now?

Also, how do you get the little embedded player to show? Do you use the Hyperlink button in the forum post?

Still can’t get there and I’m getting a malicious code warning.

@infra When you get it sorted, share it as a new post instead of an edit. Just to make sure people see it.

3 Likes

I’m testing free MP3 hosting with https://www.mailboxdrive.com/ :

https://www.mboxdrive.com/GFY01.mp3

it seems to work, please let me know. So you just have to go to the site and click on “Upload” (top left) then “Browse for MP3s …”, then you choose your file on your computer. when the upload is finished, the site will give you a link with your hosted MP3. you copy/paste this link here and the cute little player will neatly embed by itself.

2 Likes

LOL their site icon is a skull and crossbones. Yarrr mateys!

3 Likes

I said the next cover would be happier ! Here it is. I guess everybody here already knows Airbourne, which is some kind of younger version of AC/DC.

Airbourne - Runnin’ Wild

This song uses a pretty unusual tuning : F A# D# G#, which is like a standard tuning with all the strings 1/2 step up. Interrestingly, I’ve seen live videos where Airbourne plays the song in standard tuning, so 1/2 step down regarding to the studio version. But as I cover the studio version, I have to deal with the 1/2 step up thing, and in fact it’s one of the reasons why I chose to cover this song at first. I wanted to try a capo over a standard tuning : I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone using a capo with a bass, but if it works with a guitar it must also work with a bass … So, yes, I tested and it works. but in fact it’s really useless in the case of this particular song, so I ended up just transposing the line over the standard E A D G tuning, and that’s it.

That said, I find this bass line more interresting that it seems, and I added some complexity to it (including a very short shred/lead part :grin: because why not). Anyway, there is something really satisfying with those 1/8 chugging lines, it makes me feel likes I’m driving a steam locomotive. almost mesmerizing.

Sound-wise, it’s still recorded with the UX1 and POD Farm. I was tempted to record with my “new” Bass POD Pro but I don’t know it very well yet, I have to tame it a little bit before I can use it for recording sessions. I may use it for the next cover, we’ll see.

9 Likes

That’s pretty flawless, @terb - very nicely done! And, how sweet is that little run down - wow! I guess, this is where the guitar player in you shines through!?! :smile: No way, I have that speed and coordination yet :astonished::joy:

4 Likes

Nice. I had to watch the little run-down part twice :slight_smile:

Man that band is channeling AC/DC, yeah.

I love chuggy basslines.

4 Likes

Excellent as usual, @terb! . . . :+1:

4 Likes

yeah, that’s pretty much playing guitar on a bass :joy:

3 Likes

Very nicely done @terb! Love that tone, along with the out front attack! Very clear and concise - timing was spot on. Your experience using a pick surely shines through on that cover!

2 Likes

Hey Josh…someone here says you play a mean Iron Maiden Powerslave… care to post the video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NICE @terb !!! Love the parts you improvised…very appropriate and not over the top! And the sustain you have on that P -Bass is sweet!

I guess we are all learning…no matter what level we are at. But you are FAR from a beginner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn @Lanny love The Animals cover! Just learned Sunshine of Your Love by the Cream (but too embarrassed to post it as Im still very beginner…lol).

I was born in 1970 so my dad raised me with all the great music like Animals, CCR, Hendrix, Joplin, Cream. And I got him into Zepplin, Sabbath, Iron Maiden…lol Was nice to have a dad that shared music and now Instrument interests. (He has been playing bass since he was 13).

3 Likes

you can work on it a bit more to train and get a bit better and a bit more confident, if you want, then post it here :grin: there is no level requirement at all ! and obviously no competition

3 Likes

Thanks @faamecanic… I do love the old 60’ and 70’s classics and Motown… Please don’t be embarrassed to post any cover here on this thread. This is why @terb started it months ago. It’s a great way to learn. Like term says, there is no competition, and I’ll bet if you go back through the thread from months prior, you’ll see that most of us were all just starting out ourselves. The feedback you get from posting covers here is very constructive in a most positive way. And WOW! Your dad sounds like he has some time under his belt on the bass too!! Way cool!

3 Likes

@terb - killer tune. But the show stealer? That sweater. Matching the bass too. I like your style, sir.

4 Likes

it was even not intended : that’s what we call talent I guess :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Truth be told, it doesn’t matter at all if it matches your bass or not. That sweater kills.

5 Likes

I think in another month of practice I may do that! Good pointers and better bassist will do nothing but help me improve!

3 Likes